Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Trail Finder Jeep YJ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

that looks great nice job on making it longer i always thought theres something wrong with the stance on that kit
midship909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #42

nice, i was looking at my bruiser shocks last night, they seem to be closer to scale then the rc4wd shocks that come with the trailfinder. I think I will I will put my extras on now after seeing yours.
obrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

man you would think that the money rc4wd spends on their products they make to sell to people that pay more than enough money to buy them, would send back basically but wipin material is out rageous.

but nice friggin jeep by the way!!!
Nick Slemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievedder View Post
Negative update. My infant is my main crawler now. Though he doesnt crawl yet

Not sure havnt wheeled them yet.

I dont know what drive shaft it was. I had an extra that RC4WD sent me for my regular trail finder kit. They originally sent a drive shaft that was too long for that kit. I had it ever since and used it here. It fits great on the YJ trail finder.
hi, can you please measure the size of the punisher shafts that you needed from your stash, so i can order mine from rc4wd?
LS1Armyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:05 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1Armyboy View Post
hi, can you please measure the size of the punisher shafts that you needed from your stash, so i can order mine from rc4wd?
I really need to get that soft top mounted!!

Anyway I will measure for you.
eddievedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

cool thanks! i have a soft top as well, and i just got a tube bumper and rollcage built by lowslowtj! there are pics in his fab shop if you wanna check it
Old 01-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1Armyboy View Post
cool thanks! i have a soft top as well, and i just got a tube bumper and rollcage built by lowslowtj! there are pics in his fab shop if you wanna check it
Measured it then I went to RC4WD's site. I dont think the measurement will help much because I only used the male end of the the shaft with the YJ Trailfinder stock female end. The male end I used is 2.75 inches. The shafts on their site measure the whole shaft range end to end with both male and female parts.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Can't wait to see the top on. I still don't think I've seen one other than mine yet! Let me know if you run into any trouble.
2brokefor1:1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievedder View Post
Measured it then I went to RC4WD's site. I dont think the measurement will help much because I only used the male end of the the shaft with the YJ Trailfinder stock female end. The male end I used is 2.75 inches. The shafts on their site measure the whole shaft range end to end with both male and female parts.
i see, thank you! ill shoot them an email and see if they can point me to the right one. thanks again!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #50
RCC Addict

Its about time I finish this one. What better to do on a rainy day that I have off???

cleaned up the grill a bit.

rough hack job. Will be nice and smooth soon!

I saved these for future use.

Added them here.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #51
RCC Addict

One side of diamond plate done.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Got a little more done...

R2 tranny in place

Here is a free plug for RPP Hobby Their Outback Series R2 tranny skid plate has a great finish and fits flush. Nice product!

I am doing some work on the 5 lug classic wheel so I swapped them out for the steelies. Looks good but I'm sticking with the 5 lugs...

Another very cool product from RPP's Outback Series. Rear bumper with added on swing out!

Leafs a flexin'
Old 08-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Looks good so far! Nice work on the diamond plate. Any idea what color you're going with?
BGGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Looks great with the diamond plate. Just what I needed to see to help me make my mind up, thanks..
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Awsome work
icemancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Thanks guys...

Chassis is set up

Primed and ready for some paint. Still undecided. I usually choose the color at the last second. Hence some of my odd color choices for some of my rigs

Not sure what I am going to do for a front bumper so I just chopped it for now...

Old 08-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #57
Sinking with the ship

Dude, you are a building maniac lately I really need to find some times and sit in the basement and get my build(s) on... I think you should toss some revolver shackles on this beast
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Nice clean build,you;re knocking out some nice builds of late,the TJ you just finished is awsom,and im sure this,ll be the same.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Dude, you are a building maniac lately I really need to find some times and sit in the basement and get my build(s) on... I think you should toss some revolver shackles on this beast
Thanks Mike. I had 5 days off last week and 4 this week so I have been in overdrive on RC builds. But it is going to slow down now. Back to work tonight
I mounted the RC4WD shooter shackles but because RC4WD is hit or miss with their products (I had to use OG Bruiser leafs to stretch the wheelbase on this kit) The shackles are flexed pretty far outward and the shooter shackles were such a tight fit. I may tinker with them again and try to work them in because I bought a set specifically for this Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipxj View Post
Nice clean build,you;re knocking out some nice builds of late,the TJ you just finished is awsom,and im sure this,ll be the same.
Thanks bro, Just finished the TJ. Last update is in the 1.9 section...
Old 08-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

loooks sweet! color choice?
big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote