Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: K2 Tubed SCX10 LWB Sami

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostaxxs007 View Post
very nice great work what color is that?
Thanks! It's Tamiya translucent orange backed with silver and then black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep View Post
After lowering it what was the final wheelbase set at.
It came out to 11-3/4".
BGGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #22
On the lookout for Rocks

What is the height of those Stompers mounted up on those wheels?
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
What is the height of those Stompers mounted up on those wheels?
They are comparable in height to the Flat Iron. Keep in mind the weight of the rig is on the Stomper. The Flat Iron is mounted to a Proline rim with the weights in it. I think a Stomper is actually 4.1" and the Flat Iron is 4.2"
Mounted the Stomper is 102mm and mounted the Flat Iron is 105mm.
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #24
On the lookout for Rocks

Thanks, I was thinking that they were close to the FlatIron size.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:05 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Well I know this is a lame update but it's all I got right now. I need to move forward with this project b/c we got TTC coming up and a scale comp in September. I got my Mud Hogs in today and they look great! I don't have any wheels to mount them on yet but I plan on running them on the Void BL's. If I can't afford them I'll be getting the white steelies.

Here they are next to a Stomper. They're a little taller but they are not mounted. It's just what I wanted, a taller 1.55.

Here they are next to a G8 Flat Irons but the FL's are weighted down pretty good on the Proline BL's.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Please give us a performance test of these new tires. Maybe compare them to the stompers. Thanks.
cave-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Nice rig mate Love the wide stance

Be interested to see what you think of those tyres.

Cheers Pricey
1tuff40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #28

Im liking the ground hogs...wonder if they will last forever like the real ones...lol
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tuff40 View Post
Nice rig mate Love the wide stance

Be interested to see what you think of those tyres.

Cheers Pricey
Thanks! I do like the way it sits although I dowish I was running the D35 axles instead to narrow it a little but it's meant to be a hardcore trail buggy so I think it accomplishes that. I can't wait to get some wheels for these Hogs so I can run them. Rc4WD did a nice job on them so hopefully they peform well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Im liking the ground hogs...wonder if they will last forever like the real ones...lol
Yea the Hogs are sweet. The tread is right on and they used the soft compound they've been using on all their new tires so they should perform pretty good. I'll be updating how well they do as soon as I can get some trail time on them.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Well I finally got a little done on this one!
I removed the front bumper b/c I needed a place to put a winch. Since K2 likes to run servo winches that mount up under the body I didn't have room to put an actual winch on the front bumper I removed what he had and went to work. Not that K2 didn't do a great job I just prefer having a winch on a bumper. Here you'll see what it looked like and what I have now.

Before

After

Here's what I came up with. It's a little big and I lost some approach angle but at least I can put a winch up front now.

Now I'm getting some shock hoops made for the rear to replace those sorry ass aluminum mounts I made!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Well it's all painted up now and while I had it all apart I cleaned up the chassis and put a fresh coat of paint on it. I also got the rear shock hoops finished.
Do you have any idea how damn hard it is to make two things the same without having a machine and a program. Holy crap! Oh well it's done now and they turned out ok. Better than the aluminum plates I was using.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Finally got some wheels for the Hogs! Had to go with the White Steelies, but I'm liking how they look. Can't afford the Voids yet. This is how it will look for the scale comp in September.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #33
RCC Addict

looking good

how do you like the new tires?
salmonfacesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

In the words of peter griffin "freakin' sweet"!
blukon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonfacesalad View Post
looking good

how do you like the new tires?
Thanks! I haven't put any trail time on them yet but they're nice and tall and the compound is good. I think they'll perform pretty good. Once I get them on the trail I'll report back. Hopefully I'll be able to get all the electronics in this weekend and get it rtr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blukon98 View Post
In the words of peter griffin "freakin' sweet"!
I appreciate that! About all I have left to do is get the winch and install it and the RC4WD RoK Trac diff covers on when I get them and of course get all the electronics installed.
Oh and think now that Vanquish has the new shock hoops available I'm going to get some blue ones for the front.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #36
RCC Addict

She's a runner! I finally got all the electronics installed in the project box. Plenty of room for the FXR, SR300 Rx and CC BEC. I may end up sealing the box up completely to make it waterproof if I run it at TTC. I'm running dual maxamps 1550mah 3S lipos in parallel to get 3100mah of run time. One mounted on each side of the tranny with the delrin plates K2 sent with the rig. They are mounted in between the sliders and the chassis. I put the interior in that K2 made for it for now. I may detail it a little more and add some scale items. I'm going to get some action shots tomorrow when I take it for it's first run. The few seconds I had it on my rock pile the Hogs seem to do fairly well.

The only things I need to get are the RC4WD winch, Vanquish front shock hoops and RC4WD Rok Trac diff covers and that'll be all I get for it for now.
Here's the pics.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Well I took it for it's 1st run the other day and after about 10 min I had some malfunctions. I had a rear link come apart and the rear driveshaft came loose.
SO I got those fixed and then adjusted all the shocks b/c I didn't feel like it was getting enough suspension travel. I added the 5mm longer shock ends to the rear shocks and then I got rid of the internal shock limiters out of the front shocks to get about 7mm more length. This turned out to work very well. Then I took it for it's first run and after about 5 min the front driveshaft came loos (damn Integy shafts). ALso after getting some time on the Hogs I think they do very well and I really like them! Here's some pics.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGGruff View Post
This is exactly why I make my lowers use 4mm threads instead. Never broken a 4mm one, ever.

Nice, rig by the way
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
This is exactly why I make my lowers use 4mm threads instead. Never broken a 4mm one, ever.

Nice, rig by the way
Yea I need to look into that. This little truck has some power so I'm not surprised. Thanks for the compliment.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Ok so I've done some trouble shooting and a few adjustments and have decided that for the comp in a few weeks that the Sami will run the Rok Lox on Vanquish wheels since it'll be competing in the Hardcore class and the Courier will run the Hogs since it's in the Weekend Warrior Class. I made the swap and I think it'll be ok. Took the Sami for another run and it performed very well with the Lox!

Here's a shot of my new Cow matt I won in the summer contest a few weeks ago. It's sweet I gotta get me another a little bigger for my other work space.