Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Blukon's crew clod

Good gawd

blukon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Started working on the frame cause my dand roof is sagging and i have to fix that.

and shortened the bed .5"

gonna do drop bed and i'm struggling with it because i have just enough styrene and the way i reinforced the bed is going to get in the way if i make the bottom meet the sides.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

are you going to make it into a giant scale mud truck?
xjmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Ive decided to stretch 1.9 tires over 2.2 wheels for a cen cal type look. School starts back monday so unfortunately for a while itll just be a shelf queen anyways. But i may swap over to 1.55s and slingers if i dont like it...

Got the frame all cut up just need a drill or welder lol. I seem to have lost the drill i had...

Old 01-11-2014, 08:35 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Got frame together need a welder to put a tack in it for good measure thanks @Hoosierdady for the frame tip!

Last edited by blukon98; 01-11-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Got leafs mocked up front, trying to get an idea of body height and shackle setup. It's really starting to move along

lmk what you guys think, this is my first time setting up leafs, and it's tough on scx10 chassis. I had to do a little bending to get them to work...
Old 01-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Rolling chassis! The rear wheel base is a little off but i measured a 13" wheelbase and sitting on all 4s its 13" hub to hub. Ill do some tweaking and hopefully get it lined up... i have it mocked up on tlts and the width isnt too bad on these 1.9s. I orded 2.2s and 1.9s so hopefully itll turn out how i want it to

lmk what you guys think. Any pointers on wheelbase? To i need to just move rear hanger up a tad?
Old 01-14-2014, 03:28 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

holy cow!!!!!!

I've been working on the drop bed and it's giving me hell for some reason. So I take frequent breaks. Here's some BA crew cabs that get me fired up to keep going.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

And lastly my fave... wish it was finished

Last non my clod pic I promise...

I'm wanting to install a turbo diesel sound module but maybe without the air brakes... This one is the best I've found so far anybody know about it or anything else?
IVECO TRUCK TRIAL TURBO DIESEL SOUND SMX SERVONAUT.wmv - YouTube
Old 01-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Drop BED is underway.... ewwwww I hate it and I have no idea how i'm going to cut the ribs for the bottom... This is the part I've been dreading and for good reason...

This is about where I'm going to set the ride height, I didn't drop the bed all the way to the frame so I can lower the body if needed...

Old 01-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Got my wheels in! It's a little too wide but I like it... I may take 3/8-1/2" off the front of the rims, but then I'll lose my chrome...

What do you guys think? It's just going to be a tow rig, so no trail time,

this is kind of the look I want...

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...FS/picture.jpg

but with that cali style

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...5/d1c12016.jpg
Old 01-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Found this for a possible sound kit... First is a monster truck, second is a turbo diesel... The diesel's turbo isn't as realistic as the servonaut but it isn't terrible. The diesel starts at about 1:30

MrRCSound V4.1 Car/Truck Version, final in action! - YouTube
Old 01-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Drop bed almost done. Trying to figure out if i want functioning tailgate now or not.

Got tail light buckets! Need to figure out how i want to mount lense now...

Old 01-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Should this be moved to 1.9 section or 2.2 section since it has 1.9 tires and 2.2 wheels?
Old 01-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=blukon98;4629061]And lastly my fave... wish it was finished

Last non my clod pic I promise...

I'm wanting to install a turbo diesel sound module but maybe without the air brakes... This one is the best I've found so far anybody know about it or anything else?
IVECO TRUCK TRIAL TURBO DIESEL SOUND SMX SERVONAUT.wmv - YouTube[/QUOTE

What sort of price would it be for a sound unit like the one you mentioned,I tried a quick search but had no luck on finding a price.Love the truck big fan of the four doors.
kuatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

This is the best one I've found, about $225 USD http://www.servonaut.de/shop/product...onaut-smx.html
Old 01-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Horry Sheet! DFW!!!! 89 Chevy Crewcab Duramax short bed conversion - YouTube
Old 01-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Drop bed under primer

next I gotta straighten out a bedside, apparently I wedged a piece if styrene too tight and it pushed the bedside out a tad so it doesn't line up with the cab. Then i'll work on slicking out the body, finishing out the rear light buckets, and that's about it with the body besides the tailgate... I'm trying to figure ou ta color scheme, I'm thinking solid white... Can't go wrong with white...

Also, I kind of want to backwards mount a dig unit and do line locked burnouts, but I also want to run a divorced tranny/transfer kit, so IDK yet on that part. I want to run a full interior but if I run a dig tranny I won't be able to I don't think... I want to install sound module, light controller, and possibly dig... that's 5 channels.... What do you guys think?

Last edited by blukon98; 01-26-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:16 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Getting there

Old 01-29-2014, 11:48 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Couple updates, just ordered Dinky Alum GR7 tranny, and some MO stuff! I've decided to use a stock axial tranny as a transfer case and mount it at an angle inside the frame and put a disconnect that I ordered on the front axle shaft so it'll do some sweet burnouts! Been sanding and priming the body getting it super slick. Got some yota 2 axles in the other day. They were used and had a tube of Loctite in each screwhole so getting the three link mounts off was a blast! Stripped all of them out and had to use a cutting disk to turn them into flatheads... Had to replace front housing and hopefully that will straighten out the steering cause it's kind of off, like toe'd out...

Found some drift wheels that are smaller than these but I'm afraid they will be 1.55s instead of 1.9s and I can't get an answer from the seller on ebay. I'm trying to figure out a color scheme and i'm thinking white body, and green/blue axles... Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do about the sound unit, and a couple of other things that are bugging me but it's making some real progress.Gotta find a nice 4 or 5 channel so I can control lights, sound unit, and dig. Thinking 4 channel and pitting a switch on the lights... But I got time to decide. I ordered my super secret driver today also. I'm excited, cause he's "one-a them squiddly sum-bitches whit a truck-boat-truck" Don't ask... I'm silly, I know. Gonna make a bench seat for the front and back seat, and sit my driver on a 5 gal bucket lolol. Couple pics cause I love to mock it up ever so often.