RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1.9 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Toyota Hilux 4WD build w/Trail Finder Chassis (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/123311-toyota-hilux-4wd-build-w-trail-finder-chassis.html)

eddievedder 08-27-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emaxxjeremy (Post 1321415)
i made trays for the electronics. still need to mount up the winch and light dontrol relay, but as you can see there is still plenty of room
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL85/.../332121938.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL85/.../332121945.jpg

Nice clean work!

I hope to get my glitch issues resolved soon!
Thanks for the pics!

1BadJeepBruiser 08-27-2008 08:35 PM

Sent you a PM dude, make sure you have Caps on the motor, check to see if the motor is arching excessively as well, if it is the comm is probably way out of true...typical integy :roll:

eddievedder 09-05-2008 10:09 AM

Lower stance!!!

6 Attachment(s)
OK small update on this one. Mike (1BJB) hooked me up last week and helped me solve my glitching issues (thanks again Mike!). So I worked on the rig a bit this week here and there. I painted the front lower valance to match the body. I also painted all the screw heads to match the body colors as well so they dont stick out like sore thumbs!

I also lowered the stance a bit so it looks less monster truckish. I took out the spacers under the springs and reversed them and put them over the springs. Flex is even better now too. Drive angle is slightly less as well so it rides much smoother.
Color looks a bit lighter in 2 of the pics. I think its my iPhone...
Also found an 80's Yota on ebay motors with the same color"thumbsup"
More updates later.

I also wrote the word also 5 times in this post

Nova's Ark 09-05-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddievedder (Post 1332127)
I also wrote the word also 5 times in this post

I also still really like this truck"thumbsup". Very nice.

1BadJeepBruiser 09-05-2008 10:14 AM

Looks a lot better with it sitting lower, So that wicked drive line vibration is gone too ?:lol: Thats good!"thumbsup" Next weekend is wheeling time :twisted: I dont think the Atomic Toy is gonna be ready or the YJ (have a sweet 16 this weekend to go to and then the GF is off on sunday :x ) but Ill wheel the brown yota and yellow YJ 8)

That real Hilux is sweet

eddievedder 09-05-2008 02:07 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova's Ark (Post 1332131)
I also still really like this truck"thumbsup". Very nice.

I also wanted to thank you for your kind words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser (Post 1332133)
Looks a lot better with it sitting lower, So that wicked drive line vibration is gone too ?:lol: Thats good!"thumbsup" Next weekend is wheeling time :twisted: I dont think the Atomic Toy is gonna be ready or the YJ (have a sweet 16 this weekend to go to and then the GF is off on sunday :x ) but Ill wheel the brown yota and yellow YJ 8)

That real Hilux is sweet

Mike, still a slight vibration but definitely not as bad as you had witnessed. This will be ready for some wheelin next weekend.

I made a "diamond plate" skid for the tranny and motor. I was sick of it sticking down but I am not sure if I like the skid plate. Any opinions on it???
Sliders to come, so that will take the attention away from the skid plate too.

I also made a gas tank which will eventually house the on off switch.

if I stick with the skid I may then continue with rear wheel wells and maybe floor boards or something so it all blends in and you cant see up into the truck from underneath.

let me know what you guys think. Oh and I forgot to paint the underside of the interior black. That white sure stick out:-(

crawleR07 09-05-2008 02:53 PM

I had a vibration problem in mine too and I figured it was because I mounted the tranny high for clearance and the driveshaft angle was to blame but I found that the front driveshaft was too short and it was wobbling because the two parts of the shaft weren't meshing deep enough. I'm hoping a longer punisher shaft in front will do the trick because I really want to keep all the clearance that mounting the tranny high gives me. I don't think this helps anyone I guess I just really wanted to type:shock:

And Eddie your truck looks awesome! Your details really add scalism!

eddievedder 09-05-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawleR07 (Post 1332403)

And Eddie your truck looks awesome! Your details really add scalism!

Thanks bro!!

eddievedder 09-05-2008 04:24 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Took it for a quick spin but not much battery life left.

Let me know what you guys think of the skid plate. It is starting to grow on me now...

SMFtwstdHICK 09-05-2008 04:36 PM

Are those Topcad wheels? Truck looks killer man, great job."thumbsup"

slither302 09-05-2008 04:47 PM

i like the skid. however i still think you should either ditch the rollbar or strip it and paint it flat black"thumbsup"

eddievedder 09-05-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMFtwstdHICK (Post 1332496)
Are those Topcad wheels? Truck looks killer man, great job."thumbsup"

Integy wheels from RPP Hobby, but I think they are the same as topcad.
Thanks Man!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by slither302 (Post 1332511)
i like the skid. however i still think you should either ditch the rollbar or strip it and paint it flat black"thumbsup"

I love that you are still on me about the roll bar. I really did need the reminder though and I am a knucklehead cuz I should have just taken it off and sprayed it today when I sprayed the skid plate. Duh!
I am going into the workshop to take it off now and next time I need something sprayed black it WILL be ready!

Thanks again
"thumbsup"

51WillysJeep 09-05-2008 05:53 PM

Hey Dude- Your Yota's lookin SWEET man..!! :shock: Nice job.. Your skid is also looking great too..! Funny enough, I too saw that same 1:1 red Yota on E-bay, and I also agree, Paint the rollbar flat Black ..! "thumbsup"

ruffryder 09-05-2008 06:37 PM

Nothing wrong with that skid...lokks great!
The whole truck is looking pretty good now.Sliders will make it even more scale looking "thumbsup"

bRIBEGuy 09-06-2008 09:46 AM

Awesome looking rig!

I've been toying with the idea of picking p one of the RC4WD kits.

Can you tell me how wide it is (outside of tire to outside of tire)? Thanx!

eddievedder 09-06-2008 10:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by slither302 (Post 1332511)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51WillysJeep (Post 1332588)
Hey Dude- Your Yota's lookin SWEET man..!! :shock: Nice job.. Your skid is also looking great too..! Funny enough, I too saw that same 1:1 red Yota on E-bay, and I also agree, Paint the rollbar flat Black ..! "thumbsup"

OK guys, roll bar is off and is ready for paint. I have one question. If I paint it flat black which is the color of the bed liner do you think that it will blend in too much? Should I maybe go with a semi-gloss black to give it a little bit of a different look? Like in the pic of the 1.1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruffryder (Post 1332630)
Nothing wrong with that skid...lokks great!
The whole truck is looking pretty good now.Sliders will make it even more scale looking "thumbsup"

Thanks!
Yeah as soon as I get good at brazing, I will make them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bRIBEGuy (Post 1333403)
Awesome looking rig!

I've been toying with the idea of picking p one of the RC4WD kits.

Can you tell me how wide it is (outside of tire to outside of tire)?
Thanx!

Thank you"thumbsup"
Outside of tire to outside of tire is 8.5"

It is a good kit though pricey.

KAR 1316 09-06-2008 02:06 PM

Great build"thumbsup" I think its time to build one myself!

eddievedder 09-07-2008 12:06 AM

7 Attachment(s)
I worked a bit on floor boards tonite...

Sorry for the poor pics, the lighting is not so good.

Painting them flat black tomorrow and either going with flat black or semi gloss for the roll bar. Any thoughts on flat vs semi gloss?? I think the flat black may just blend into the bed...

1BadJeepBruiser 09-07-2008 10:35 AM

Nice job on the floor pans and rear fender wells, they look awesome.

I would do the roll bar in a semi flat black or flat black.

BTW if you need to strip the chrome off castrol super clean or purple power will strip it right down to the plastic"thumbsup"

eddievedder 09-12-2008 07:48 PM

11 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser (Post 1334531)
Nice job on the floor pans and rear fender wells, they look awesome.

I would do the roll bar in a semi flat black or flat black.

BTW if you need to strip the chrome off castrol super clean or purple power will strip it right down to the plastic"thumbsup"

Thanks Mike, I hope the weather holds up for Sag Harbor on sunday!!

Anyway I finished up the floor boards and rear wells his week. I also got to FINALLY painting the roll bar and side mirrors flat black.

Hmmmm, up next will be a first attempt at making sliders/bumpers...