Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: My yota farmhack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUDGEBUG View Post
Yea it is the look i'm after (modelled on all the hilux's in NZ) saw a nice calf crap yellow one with black stripes the other day, talked to the owner and he has owned it since new ! He brought 2 and still has them both (lucky bugga) So I may do my other hilux to model his ?
I have lowered it already now I have to find someone in NZ to get the wheels I need.
Thanks for the pics and info ruffryder, I hope mine turns out as good as yours

Forgot to say that you need to mount the shocks on the lower hole of the axle housing and put the steering rod under the prop shaft for it all to move freely.
I only noticed tonight when i was putting a new body on.Forgot all about moving the sterring rod etc to stop any binding.
I`ll get some pics done tomorrow to show it.

Yours reminds me of my mates dark blue one he had years ago.He lives in Oz now,but he used to take it along the beech into the sea which didnt take long for it to start rusting!

Got any pics of the yellow/black one?
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2008, 09:04 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Wow man you are busy I agree with the comments about ride heigth and tires. The farm beater look came out really nice.
85sfarunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85sfarunner View Post
Wow man you are busy I agree with the comments about ride heigth and tires. The farm beater look came out really nice.
Yep been a real busy boy lol, I have a very understanding and supportive wife and my 12 yr old son helps me out alot :-P. Its winter here also and the rain dos'nt allow for alot of playtime so it's indoors staying warm and building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post
Forgot to say that you need to mount the shocks on the lower hole of the axle housing and put the steering rod under the prop shaft for it all to move freely.
I only noticed tonight when i was putting a new body on.Forgot all about moving the sterring rod etc to stop any binding.
I`ll get some pics done tomorrow to show it.

Yours reminds me of my mates dark blue one he had years ago.He lives in Oz now,but he used to take it along the beech into the sea which didnt take long for it to start rusting!

Got any pics of the yellow/black one?
Thanks ruffryder, I would have been scratching my head thinking how does this work lol.
Pics of your setup would be awesom and much appreciated.

No, no pics of the yellow one yet but will try get some tonight or tommorow
SMUDGEBUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Some pics showing the changed steering links,leaf springs,shock mounting positions etc.

Hopefully you can work out from the pics,the different positions of the steering parts

There are enough spare screws left in the build if you need to change any.If i remember,the only one that needs changing is the one the curved steering link touches(if that makes sense?)

Last edited by ruffryder; 07-23-2008 at 02:28 PM.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Thanks again Ruffryder, those pics are awesom and I understand completely about the bend and screw part, now I just have to find the right 1.9's :-( not easy when there is nothing in this part of the world to compare with. Any solid recommendations for a good alrounder tyre ? Mainly for trial use with the odd rock thrown in here and there
SMUDGEBUG is offline   Reply With Quote