Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Range Rover Classic build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

Looking good Pablo. BTW, the Flat Irons came out very good!!! I like the rock busters better for this truck but you sure did a great job on both tires.
eddievedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #62
RCC Addict

that bumper is bitchen. same with the rest of the build
Kranberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

wow pablo, you have really come a long way since you started the hobby lol

looks great
luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:08 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

thanks guys. I'll wait to pass judgement on the bumper when I paint it black. I'm not completely happy with it at the moment. too big...but thats a function of the winch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievedder View Post
Looking good Pablo. BTW, the Flat Irons came out very good!!! I like the rock busters better for this truck but you sure did a great job on both tires.
thanks. yeah the flatirons are on there just temporarily only because I want to test the Trail Busters on the rover sport... they will end up on this rig...
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Well eddie, you have the trail busters now, lol so I think the flatirons are on for the time being.

Did some more work.
bumper came out pretty good.

did a slight exo

painted it and mounted lights.
body is not attached and is sitting a bit high still. need to reorganize under the hood a bit.

Its pretty much a runner although I need to extend the battery wires so I can run the battery in the back. Now it needs to sit in the front seat since wires are so short.
Still feels like lots to do. LED lights going in too. head/tail/offroad
Old 10-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #66
RCC Addict

wow look at u now, thought u just made building lol

sikk man as always
sleek6mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:24 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Holy Crap!!! You're building my truck!! I'm definitely subscribing this thread, this is really cool.

You are a styrene freak man! That is really shaping up nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIT_TLT View Post
Looks good man! Where did you get the body? I need to find one of those bodies so I can get a scaler version of my RRC

Did you cut the top off yourself, or buy it like that? That looks great. Probably a lot less top-heavy too. I wish I could hog out my rear fenderwells like that, ain't happening on a LWB though w/o a ton of work.

I looked around some for a Classic body a few months back, but I obviously did'nt look hard enough. I'm sort of over lexan bodies though, they're too flimsy and don't have enough detail. And I don't have the skills to transform it into a styrene body like you do. I'm still tempted to try to find one.

If you need pics or measurments of anything off of a real RRC let me know (mine's a 95 County)

Last edited by Big Mike; 10-21-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

i'm just waiting here patiently for this to be done, so i can tell pablo i want it back !

hella nice work here man...

... as always.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

crunky-

Big Mike-Thats a sweet LWB. Funny thing is when I got the body from crunky it was THAT COLOR! I almost left it that color but had too much styrene work to do to it, hahaha.. I agree with you though. Never a fan of lexan and I've pretty much lined the entire bottom half of this body with styrene inside and out, lol, in addition to making the grill/front and tailgage. THe only Classic body available so I couldnt pass it up.

The body comes from New Zealand I think, made by Frewer. They were selling for about $40US.

edit:
its a runner too. Only things left to do are a bit of fiddling with the tubework (its a bit warped and is bugging me), install the lights, finish securing the interior to something, lol, and locate the battery in its final spot (need an extension to the wires).

But its a total runner.

the MRC axles look great under this. Tires do NOT stick out past the body AT ALL. They are right at the edge of the body.

Last edited by pantablo; 10-21-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

i'm only kidding if you are pablo... ( well if you are kidding )

i'm just happy to see it get the love it needed, you have gotten a long way.
that thing wasn't in new condition... and had been played with prior to these guys. in fact these guys never got to cut this one.

job well done man.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Looks great. Glad to see it's almost done!
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
crunky-

Big Mike-Thats a sweet LWB. Funny thing is when I got the body from crunky it was THAT COLOR! I almost left it that color but had too much styrene work to do to it, hahaha.. I agree with you though. Never a fan of lexan and I've pretty much lined the entire bottom half of this body with styrene inside and out, lol, in addition to making the grill/front and tailgage. THe only Classic body available so I couldnt pass it up.

The body comes from New Zealand I think, made by Frewer. They were selling for about $40US.

edit:
its a runner too. Only things left to do are a bit of fiddling with the tubework (its a bit warped and is bugging me), install the lights, finish securing the interior to something, lol, and locate the battery in its final spot (need an extension to the wires).

But its a total runner.

the MRC axles look great under this. Tires do NOT stick out past the body AT ALL. They are right at the edge of the body.
Thanks man. I love my old Rover, it's a great truck. It's an almost-daily driver for me. I'd love to duplicate it in 1:10th scale someday.

I have an MRC gathering dust in my shop too. Those axles seem to have worked out well for the body width.

That's what I said at the start of this "Damn, it's even the same color!"

You've done a fabulous job with this body, you can't really tell it's lexan anymore. Nice crisp details, deep body lines. The grill looks great. It totally looks like a hardbody now, and it's got to have a lot more structural integrity too.

Excellent!!!
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Thanks!
The axles do look perfect under here-not too big and definitely not too wide-but they are a bit too narrow actually. I run these wheels because they have about an additional 8mm of offset. If I ran 0 offset wheels under this they'd be way too narrow. The rc4wd 1.55's would be good under here too because they are offset quite a bit too. I considered wideners but the available wideners are too wide, lol.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:08 PM   #74
Pebble Pounder

That is a FawKin Beauty! top job!!!
landy-ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #75
RCC Addict

damn pablo this thing is coming out sweet. deffinitly did the body justice.
looneybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Dam Pablo, Of ALL your recent builds, I'm REALLY feelin' this truck..! I LOVE the fact that its different, unique, and just plain BAD-ASS..!!! Not sure if its been said yet, but IF you ever decide to sell this one, I'M calling DIBBS now..!!!

I'd be honored to have this rig in my garage alongside "Clampy" and the "Chino Clone". ( Just let me know where to send the $$$ when the time is right.. ).
51WillysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:02 AM   #77
RCC Addict

After being over on Scale4x4 the other night, I read that Pablo had been thinking of selling this awesome truck. I've been a fan of this build from the beginning because Its such a unique and bad-ass little project that I knew I just had to have it..

So after some quick PM's with him, we struck a deal, and this rig will now be wheeling at my place over here on the East Coast..!! I can't wait to get this truck out on the trails, Thanks again Pablo for the awesome deal..!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #78
RCC Addict

So did you swap it with one of yours?
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #79
RCC Addict

Nope, bought it - outright
Old 11-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

I'm honored you feel its a worthy addition to your awesome collection. I love the classic body but need to figure out a hardbody classic, lol. So for now I need to thin my collection out. I realize I only need a couple trucks.
Enjoy it!