Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Balln's Nissan hardbody

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Balln's Nissan hardbody

Ok well its time to start a new build thread ive been collecting parts for awhile between builds and started to peice this togeather. Its not much for now but i have stuff on the way so its slowly getting there.

+Losi mini running gear
+TCS L-trail
+Stock losi rims with chisels (for now)
+ Tamiya nissan king cab d21 hardbody replica

This is what im going for let me know what you think!!!

I think im going to get mud thrashers or some 1.55s dont know yet but im looking. If i go the mud thrasher 1.9 i have some wheels with the back spacers to get those wheels out there a bit we will see.
balln is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I think that will work a lot better than what I had.
92PathSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:19 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I can't wait to see how your truck turns out. I thought about getting one of those King Cab bodies and doing one for my L-trail. I used some of those integy 8H wheels with the +10 backspacers on my mine to get this look. I think its looks about right? If you don't mind me asking, would you send me a better pic of your servo mount? I need a better way to do mine. i've got mine standing up and it needs to be further towards the front of the chassis.
Attached Images

Killa-Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

How much is a body like that?is it new or hard to get?want one for mine!
scalecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Which one, the Nissan or Toyota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalecrazy View Post
How much is a body like that?is it new or hard to get?want one for mine!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

If your talking about the nissan body i bought off of someone on here for $35 but the last time i looked on ebay i couldnt find them. But cotton i have the same wheels i plan on putting on this one but i also planned to put flatirons under it and they will be to big. But im going to be posting pics up of my body mounts and i will through a couple of my servo mounts in too its alot better setup than what you have going on ( not being rude ) pics up later going out to eat breakfast
Old 05-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #7
RCC Addict

No offense taken. Thats why I want to see your mount. My servo needs to be frame mounted like yours.

scalecrazy - If your asking about my body, its a Nikko Hilux. They are alot smaller and less scale than the Tamiya version but they fit well on L-Trails or CC01's. You can still find them on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balln View Post
If your talking about the nissan body i bought off of someone on here for $35 but the last time i looked on ebay i couldnt find them. But cotton i have the same wheels i plan on putting on this one but i also planned to put flatirons under it and they will be to big. But im going to be posting pics up of my body mounts and i will through a couple of my servo mounts in too its alot better setup than what you have going on ( not being rude ) pics up later going out to eat breakfast
Old 05-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Ok i made up some body mounts with some aluminum that i cut up and bent with some velcro ( hook & loop ). It was my first time useing velcro and it works pretty good so far. I also cut the body out witch was my first lexan body so i think it came out great also after i cut it with a razor blade i then took my dremel to it with a sanding pad thing and got all the lines straight. The pics make the over all truck look like shit and in person it is proportional so sorry. It will probably help when i get some paint on this body

The wheels stick out kinda nice but will still prob through some wideners on it.

Front susp all the way compressed

Rear all the way compressed

Rear body mount

Sitting next to some roklux But these are the wheels im prob going to run on it until i get 1.55

Here ya go killacotton all i did was use some clear delrin and turned it sideways and used the existing holes in front of the front shock towers and it works as a crossmember then i just used some servo mounts and screwed it all togeather and BAM it works great. I also used one of my old stock shocks for the steering link with some stryn tube inside to stop it from it compressing.

O yeah have some questions for you guys

1. If i were to put 1.55 on it with the rim and tire package what will become of my overall width wheel to wheel will it get narrower or wider or stay the same?

2. I want to paint the body silver on the inside and blue on the outside so when it scrapes the blue will come off and the silver will show under. What paint do i use? spray paint or lexan paint?

Thanks

Ryan

Last edited by balln; 05-23-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Sweet, Thanks for the pics. I've got some extra delrin crossmembers from an old Reign chassis I had. All I'll need to do is cut them down a little and they will fit perfect. THANKS!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I was talking about the nissan body..the toyota is a radioshack body yea?
Old 05-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Well yesterday i dropped off my body at ( BRIANS BODIES ) for him to lay some paint for me and i cant wait to see the finish results. There were some stuff on the body that we were up on the air on but after brian did some searching he found a pretty cool pic that helped us out.

And no im not useing the exhuast idea but the body did come with the same rollbars lol. Well while the body is in good hands i decided to tinker more on the chassie installing lockers and cleaning the axles with a toothbruch to get rid of all the gunk. But it feels good knowing my axles have been overhualed with greese and i oiled all the bearings before i drive it again.

These little bastards are the ones that make you not wanna do the swap but with some pressure on the screws i got them to break loose.

It looks like crap in the pictures but in person they look pretty good.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:20 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

i like that skid u have given me inspiration to do mine
93 FORD BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:34 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

If you or Brian need any detail photos let me know.

That's going to turn out nice.
92PathSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Well on thing is for sure.nissan 1.1's only look good droped!nissans dont have the rite lines to be lifted!i cant wait to get my hands on one of these bodies rite now i have the body with the vents on the hood and was going to do a scale bagged body till i seen this tamiya body i want one
Old 06-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

This was my 1/1

Old 06-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

While im waiting on the body to get done being painted and my new tires i figured i would go ahead and run my electronics. I managed to fit everything in a axial electronics box and mounted it in the rear to look like a gas tank even tho the 1/1 is under the (cab,bed).

Old 06-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

maan i cant wait to see the body once its painted an mounted
jetdog racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:14 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Can't wait to see this painted. I just got scalecrazy's body in and it looks good, I want one. Order it off ebay, it's from Team Blue Groove. Cost's around $45 shipped.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

I cant wait either to see the body painted but me and brian have been talking through pm and he's in the middle of painting it now. After what we decided i think its going to be killer.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

So i picked up the body today a man does it look nice i cant wait to run it. I just got home and will post some pics of the body on the chassie

But for now here is some teazer pics

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256011

Thanks again Brian