Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: PinchFlat’s MSD Scale Nats TTC Entry - Sami Buggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Looks great, but I'm only going to vote for one of you guys......now which one will it be?

I'll pm both of you with my paypal .
^^^ LMFAO
DrDaNkEnStInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #42
Say hello to my dactylion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwb Sami View Post
Nice work, That thing is looking great
Thanks lbw S... I wish I could take a few days off work just to work on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Looks great, but I'm only going to vote for one of you guys......now which one will it be?

I'll pm both of you with my paypal .
Thanks Tim. Will this be a silent paypal auction for your vote thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaNkEnStInE View Post
^^^ LMFAO
Don't encourage him.
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Well... I hate the fact that you built ANOTHER rig... and I only have 1.5 rigs...

I do like the rear 3-link.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
Well... I hate the fact that you built ANOTHER rig... and I only have 1.5 rigs...

I do like the rear 3-link.

3-link... Well I mostly dig the shit out of it. It feels stiffer then the stock SCX10 y-link or a 4-bar set-up & it looks cool as shit. I think, though, I may have to tweak it a bit.

When articulating on the right side (passenger wheel lifted) the panhard bar hits the diff case limiting "up travel" on that side (the right will not fully compress the shock like the left side does when articulating on the left side). I think this is due to me strapping down the suspension - my front does this too but it seems like it is far less. The easiest fix is to add the bent axial rod ends to each end of the panhard bar. This would move the offending bar up a few millimeters and may create just be enough clearance for that extra travel needed. Another easy fix is just to bend or curve the panhard bar up. (if any of you guys try this be sure to keep the same eye to eye length the same as the recommended set-up for the panhard bar.) There are other ways to remedy this but these are the easiest I think.

This IS a personal thing and happens only because I mess with other aspects of the SCX10 suspension so by all means the rig still functions great with the Hand Brothers rear 3-link kit and this product is AWESOME.

Last edited by PinchFlat; 03-24-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

No doubt its a cool product, but the limited performance kills it. I'll stick with my DMG truss for now.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
No doubt its a cool product, but the limited performance kills it. I'll stick with my DMG truss for now.
When I tweak it I'll post what I did here.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

I am voting for both of the tards....not voting for piggy, he is mean

Looks good pinch
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
I am voting for both of the tards....not voting for piggy, he is mean

Looks good pinch
& Thanks.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Nice build so far. I have a question for you. Can you explain how you strapped the suspension. My FJ40 has a ton of tube work and is really top heavy. I have been trying to figure out what I want to do to get the weight lower and increase performance.
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:05 AM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarkeith View Post
Nice build so far. I have a question for you. Can you explain how you strapped the suspension. My FJ40 has a ton of tube work and is really top heavy. I have been trying to figure out what I want to do to get the weight lower and increase performance.
Team3six limiting straps?
brianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #51

Quote:
I just use zip ties or winch line attached to the center of the axle at the truss or "Y" link mount and tie it to a crossbar in the chassis. I'll can get some pic up if you need them.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the info. Let me make sure I understand how it works. By attaching it in the middle you lower your ride height by compressing the shocks but still keep full suspension trave because its like the axle is on a swivel and the shocks can compress and extend. Is that half way correct?
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #53

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Let me make sure I understand how it works. By attaching it in the middle you lower your ride height by compressing the shocks but still keep full suspension trave because its like the axle is on a swivel and the shocks can compress and extend. Is that half way correct?
Yes.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #54
Rock Stacker

any updates? was progressing pretty quick for a minuet, its prob done, huh?
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #55

Very sweet rig and love the chassis!
brockly242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #56
RCC Addict

i seen in one of those pics from the rear where it looks like you have a panhard on the rear. if so please explain why and. could you post some pics of it and one of the front panhard. these things are kicking my butt. to the piont where im just gonna run the servo on the axle and say screw it. so any helpful info or pics would be greatly appreciated..thanks man and keep up the awesome builds
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
any updates? was progressing pretty quick for a minuet, its prob done, huh?
I wish... So busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockly242 View Post
Very sweet rig and love the chassis!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
i seen in one of those pics from the rear where it looks like you have a panhard on the rear. if so please explain why and. could you post some pics of it and one of the front panhard. these things are kicking my butt. to the piont where im just gonna run the servo on the axle and say screw it. so any helpful info or pics would be greatly appreciated..thanks man and keep up the awesome builds
Thanks
Info...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat View Post

3-link... Well I mostly dig the shit out of it. It feels stiffer then the stock SCX10 y-link or a 4-bar set-up & it looks cool as shit. I think, though, I may have to tweak it a bit.

When articulating on the right side (passenger wheel lifted) the panhard bar hits the diff case limiting "up travel" on that side (the right will not fully compress the shock like the left side does when articulating on the left side). I think this is due to me strapping down the suspension - my front does this too but it seems like it is far less. The easiest fix is to add the bent axial rod ends to each end of the panhard bar. This would move the offending bar up a few millimeters and may create just be enough clearance for that extra travel needed. Another easy fix is just to bend or curve the panhard bar up. (if any of you guys try this be sure to keep the same eye to eye length the same as the recommended set-up for the panhard bar.) There are other ways to remedy this but these are the easiest I think.

This IS a personal thing and happens only because I mess with other aspects of the SCX10 suspension so by all means the rig still functions great with the Hand Brothers rear 3-link kit and this product is AWESOME.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat View Post
I wish... So busy.

Thanks

Thanks
Info...
thanks pinchflat i did read this in the previous post but call me blonde, cause it went right over my head i dont understand why you would have a 3 link and run a panhard,ive been around scalers a while now. they've been pretty simple set-ups so this boggles me if you have the time please help me out or just post a better pics cause if it works i'd love to try it. and from what i gather you build some very bad ass rigs that kick hinney lol so i'm guesssing it works well, thanks man
Old 03-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Default ok i am a retard..(not related to utard) i wish

ok i just figured it out the 3 link allows axles to have movement side to side the pan hard eliminates that wow..i cant believe it took me that long to realize what the hell i was thinking lol...if you could still post a pic of ur front panhard it;ll help out im having lots of trouble with this stuff..thanks man and sorry i wasted ur time in the previous post
Old 03-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #60
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
awwww snap!! i love the use of differant size tubes/rods

X2!

PinchFlat-
Mind sharing what size tube or rod you are using for this?

It looks awesome - fantastic job!
MNROKCRAWLR is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/306470-pinchflat%92s-msd-scale-nats-ttc-entry-sami-buggy.html
Posted By For Type Date
Зарубежные проекты 1.9 - Страница 4 This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:13 AM