Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Gelande chassis issues & upgrade options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2014, 10:01 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Gelande chassis issues & upgrade options

I completely agree with DRW-FJ40. I have an SCX10, G2, TF2, and CR-01 (plus a Wraith and R1 Frankenstein), and I like them all for different reasons. It's possible to take any one of them and turn it into something it's not (e.g., SCX10 with hard body, G2 with Lexan, TF2 with linked suspension, CR-01 without cantilevers), but in my mind, that defeats the purpose. Their distinct personalities make them fun in different ways. Ultimately, I ended up picking what I'm going to run on a given day based on where I'm running and what mood I'm in. So if I'm going to do a trail with little to no rocks, the Gelande is definitely the most fun of them all. If I'm going to spend a day on intense rocks, the Gelande would be almost useless, but the SCX10, Wraith and R1 are a hoot. If it's somewhere in between, the SCX10 and TF2 are my best choices. And therein lies the real fun...
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2015, 11:07 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Gelande chassis issues & upgrade options

I am going to revive this thread. Thanks for all the tips and input. I have a few of different scalers, adding to this list is the Ascender which is a great performer.
I need to fix a Gelande II D110 for a friend. I need to fix the knuckles, driveshafts, CVDs...debating on dogbones or upgrade to CVDs and alloy or stock knuckles.
It's extra heavy due to the full rack and metal bumpers front and rear, but such a beautiful rig.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote

Gelande chassis issues & upgrade options - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
D90 Gelande chassis with RC Channel axles... snoep 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 04-11-2012 11:21 AM