Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Banks Power F350 Crewcab Dually

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Banks Power F350 Crewcab Dually

Hey guys,

I started a thread for this truck but changed the theme, so I figure I'll start a whole new thread. As mentioned, I picked this truck up from Joe at Semi Joe's truckstop...An amazing Semi builder and great all around guy to work with. The truck originally had a fire theme, but I just couldn't get it to work for me, so I decided to go with a Banks Power themed company truck. The paint colors are there already and I've got some ideas for it. For those of you who have pm'd me with interest on this truck, I decided to just post the pics in the thread as I've mentioned when it comes time to sell, I need to make it fair and offer it to everybody. On to the pics.

Here is how it originally looked.

Here is how it looks now. The plans are for graphics and Banks logos and a black, red, white and silver scheme. I also have plans to tuck in the rear wheels using the semi axle mod...the parts are on the way.

I'm debating adding flares (these are rears that I didn't use on my showtruck just for mockup)

Playing with the ride height a little. I think this is a little high.

A shot of some of the graphic material I might be using it's carbon fiber.

So that's where it sits right now, and I'll have updates soon. If any of you know me, I've got way too many unfinished projects! This is one of them! Thanks for looking. Greg
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Banks Power F350 Crewcab Dually

Super cool!
Gregorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Can we get Some pics of your inspiration?
Desert Rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rc View Post
Can we get Some pics of your inspiration?
There is absolutely no inspiration! You'd think Banks would have some trucks out there, but they don't. I'm going to have to bust a new trail with this one and give them some inspiration. I've tried to find info, pics and have found nothing but their drag trucks. I'm going to change that. This thing will look mean when it's done. And Banks will get the first shot at it. I've got everything I need. I hope to have updates by the weekend.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:14 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
There is absolutely no inspiration! You'd think Banks would have some trucks out there, but they don't. I'm going to have to bust a new trail with this one and give them some inspiration. I've tried to find info, pics and have found nothing but their drag trucks. I'm going to change that. This thing will look mean when it's done. And Banks will get the first shot at it. I've got everything I need. I hope to have updates by the weekend.
Banks doesnt really advertise streetwise and a lot of retailers have stopped carrying their products for various reasons. My brother works for truckcustomizers and they just dropped em too. That part aside, I thought I was jealous of your first dually Greg, but now im REALLY jealous. I just might have to make me a Mega Cab Cummins Great job on both trucks man
TheManCave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:10 AM   #6
ahhh S^*T

thats an AMAZING rig plain and simple
AxialJeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Awesome...
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:

So that's where it sits right now, and I'll have updates soon. If any of you know me, I've got way too many unfinished projects! This is one of them! Thanks for looking. Greg

yeah, like your tundra truggy!
z71baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Very cool Greg! Can't wait to see what you do with this truck! You've got a great base to start with, and judging from your other projects, this will be nothing but the best!

-Travis
WheelMan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Location: norcal.. The real NorCal , like 400 miles north of NorCal

very nice start..super clean truck..any chance we could see where the frame is extended..very clean truck
Yotapane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:08 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotapane View Post
very nice start..super clean truck..any chance we could see where the frame is extended..very clean truck
I normally will give you any info you are looking for, but for the moment, I've got to keep this one a trade secret. All I can say is that it's an "extension"...obviously custom. You can't imagine how many offers I've had to build more big Fords and, or buy mine. I do plan to honor a couple guys who have helped me out over the past few years with parts and friendships. I hope you understand my lack of sharing.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I normally will give you any info you are looking for, but for the moment, I've got to keep this one a trade secret. All I can say is that it's an "extension"...obviously custom. You can't imagine how many offers I've had to build more big Fords and, or buy mine. I do plan to honor a couple guys who have helped me out over the past few years with parts and friendships. I hope you understand my lack of sharing.

I guess this is the art of this/"our" hobby, if it ain't made, custom make it. And if you ain't got skills, then go to the vendor $ection, like some of us do
z71baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by z71baja View Post
I guess this is the art of this/"our" hobby, if it ain't made, custom make it. And if you ain't got skills, then go to the vendor $ection, like some of us do
I say it all the time whether it's scalers or homes (I'm a remodeler/project manager/ carpenter by trade). The more skills and tools you have...the longer your list of things you want to do. It's a blessing and a curse. You can hit a button and get a piece delivered to your door. DONE! My work is never done!

I stopped into Krazy Kevin's and they drooled over the rig today. It was slow...so we shot the shizzle. Pretty fun time. They're Plane and go fast guys, but they got a kick out of my scale lunacy.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Update!

So the Banks dually rolled into the shop and needed a new rear end. Here we go.

Big FORDS! I love it!

The old axle setup.

The new semi axle.

I had to drill a hole for the hex pin. Note the flat spot to keep the drill bit from walking.

Bolted back together. I just need some long screws for the upper mounts.

Here's the difference. Keep in mind to run the big iroks, I had to use wideners on the double troubles. The axles are the same width.

I've got a ton planned for the graphics. It will be majorly detailed and FLASHY!

Thanks for looking! More updates soon.

Last edited by Bulldog; 01-12-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Good work my friend! You tucked them nicely....rare thing to see. I give you props!
Desert Rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Looks a lot better with the wheels tucked, any plans for a matching front, or a detailed interior, I only ask as I think that would set this truck off.
greenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys. I have a lot left to do as far as details on this. I'm letting the ideas roll around in my head right now. As for the interior...I'll leave that to the experts. I don't get fired up about crazy detail work. My southern buggy was about as nutty as I'm going to get in that department!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

just like a real ford,, have to put a real axle in it, haha not a ford joke just the truth, i like fords

great work its looking good man,,
JDCrawler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #19
RCC Addict

looking good man, especially after the axles swap, cant wait to see what you got planned for graphics
King James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Oh no! The dually king is at it again! Subscribed! Let us know your sell date before hand!
Jeykito is offline   Reply With Quote

Banks Power F350 Crewcab Dually - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bud Hauler F350 Dually Crewcab Bulldog 1.9 Scale Rigs 15 02-19-2013 06:16 PM
09 F350 crewcab dually badBKO 2.2 Scale Rigs 22 11-07-2011 07:52 PM
Showroom stock 90's ford F350 dually crewcab longbox! cloddyman 1.9 Scale Rigs 17 05-25-2011 08:48 PM
F550 CrewCab dually W/ Gooseneck CUSTOMHILUX 1.9 Scale Rigs 11 10-07-2009 06:05 PM