Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Tamiya Bronco Kit Build; 1st Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #1

Default Tamiya Bronco Kit Build; 1st Build

Stoked to have started my first RC kit build with this Tamiya Bronco. With the exception of an ECX Torment I bought my kids a few weeks ago, this is really my first endeavor into RC's.

I'm waiting on bearings to arrive so began with painting the body. I had several HOK paints from past motorcycle builds and decided to try the House of Kolor rootbeer.

Thanks to CaptainScale for the kind message and tips on this kit, including the suggestion to paint inside the lexan. Initially I was going to paint on the outside for what I thought might be a more realistic look, but am really happy that I did not for a number of reasons which probably seem obvious to many of you.

I was very careful about taping, wiping with paint prep, etc...but still came up with some crackling which in the end I actually like as with the black HOK base it looks a bit like some scratches, or I'll tell myself that.

My next lesson was painting the rear window tint which I laid on in several coats on the back three, but even being careful, laid it on too thick and it ran a bit. I ended up decided just to use the stickers included in the kit. I still have a lot to learn with spraying canned paint in light coats.

I still am deciding which stickers to apply, whether or not to do a partially rolled down tinted window and who might be a good driver, but want to get this to roller stage first.

I also am planning on mounting some body mount brackets using velcro to adhere so that I don't have the stock posts coming up through the body. I decided the same with the antenna; not sure at this point if it will really impair reception, but really don't think I will ever get it that far out of my sight so that I would need to worry about disruption of radio wave.

All in all, I am very please with the color scheme and am excited to get started on the innards.

Again, it has been a lot of fun researching this forum for tips, suggestions, etc..I'm definitely not a crawler by any stretch, but am digging this little project.

Cheers!

photo photo2_zps29ba3698.jpg
Boxcarcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Tamiya Bronco Kit Build; 1st Build

I really like that color !!
Emarknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #3

Default Re: Tamiya Bronco Kit Build; 1st Build

Quote: