Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Scx Truggy help. Newb sorry guys.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Scx Truggy help. Newb sorry guys.

Whats up guys, Im planning on throwing a little truggy together using an scx10 chassis and tamiya f350 body. Ive got the brazing thing down ive done it on a few other rigs. What size tubing do you guys use for the tube chassis? And where do you get it?
turbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Scx Truggy help. Newb sorry guys.

brake lines and a local auto store is my guess, I want to build my own cage but thats in the distant future
MCW24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

When you braze brake line. Don't you have to worry about the toxins that get released?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I wouldn't really worry too much. Just make sure you sand the coating off wherever your joints will be before you braze it.
rocksteadily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

You can use brake line if you like, or you can use 3/16 inch tube or you can use 3/16 rod or mix and match from 1/4 to 1/8 tube and or rod just depending on what your doing. brake line is pretty thin walled and considering I can bend the 3/16 4130 chromoly steel tube that I have (which is thicker walled than brake line) with my bare hands I would worry about brake lines strength but a lot of people seem to use it because it can be obtained easily and cheaply. You do have to get rid of the coating, which there are several threads about how to do that. Steel rod is the heaviest of course and is very hard to bend, but very strong.. there are people here that build full interior cages out of it though and its cheap, even cheaper than brake tubing. The last time I bought some it was $5 for 4 feet. easy to cut with an angle grinder with a cut off wheel or hacksaw. Do not buy music wire it is very hard to work with.

Hope your build go well.
rcwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwolf View Post
You can use brake line if you like, or you can use 3/16 inch tube or you can use 3/16 rod or mix and match from 1/4 to 1/8 tube and or rod just depending on what your doing. brake line is pretty thin walled and considering I can bend the 3/16 4130 chromoly steel tube that I have (which is thicker walled than brake line) with my bare hands I would worry about brake lines strength but a lot of people seem to use it because it can be obtained easily and cheaply. You do have to get rid of the coating, which there are several threads about how to do that. Steel rod is the heaviest of course and is very hard to bend, but very strong.. there are people here that build full interior cages out of it though and its cheap, even cheaper than brake tubing. The last time I bought some it was $5 for 4 feet. easy to cut with an angle grinder with a cut off wheel or hacksaw. Do not buy music wire it is very hard to work with.

Hope your build go well.
Big help, Thanks so much man...

Scx Truggy help. Newb sorry guys. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another newb question. Sorry guys turbotron RC4WD Trail Finder 2 3 01-29-2013 06:18 PM
1/8 buggy/truggy newb question Bart bender Non Crawler RC's 10 02-23-2010 10:00 AM
u guys have got to check out this newb 93 FORD BRONCO Florida 2 01-16-2010 10:02 AM
Hi Guys...Iowa Newb Drey Iowa 13 03-14-2009 09:32 PM
Newb Scout Truggy IHCrawler Tamiya TLT Crawlers 7 09-06-2006 07:49 PM