Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Mirage's C-10 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2007, 02:02 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Wow that looks good bro I guess you didnt like the color of the other body huh? Looks good with the orange. One thing i noticeg that most of prolines bodies looks very disproportioned in the rear.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2007, 06:13 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulaVW69
Wow that looks good bro I guess you didnt like the color of the other body huh? Looks good with the orange. One thing i noticeg that most of prolines bodies looks very disproportioned in the rear.

Yeah, I think they have to stretch them to fit the monster trucks they are desizgned for, but oh well, I like it.

Its not that I didnt like the other body, it just doesnt look right with black wheels, because it is black and silver. I will try to remember to repost a pic of the old body so you can see it.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Here you go Gula, maybe you can see this one as well?

Old 02-26-2007, 09:37 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Well, drove this thing for the first time this weekend. It was pretty fun in the snow/ice, but a few problems will need to be addressed. First is the fog lights. They got torn up pretty bad, the wires got ripped off... BAH!!!! I was so mad, so now I need to find a new mounting location.... no biggy. Next thing is the traction.... little bugger got gobs of traction using just the fywheels TRXUS tires, I was impressed, but I need to lock the diffs now. With locked diffs and flywheels boggers, this thing should be pretty capable.

next is the stock motor. While it was fast in the living room, its far from it out side, and a little lacking in the power department, so my question for all you XC'ers out there, what motor can I run safely on this thing without tearing up the gears? 17t motor too much power? I just got 2 gear sets off ebay as well as hummer tires, still waiting on them, its been 2 weeks now.... so if I strip the spur, Ill have another, but I dont want this to be a continuing problem. Im sure some of you have faster motors in these trucks, what do you all use?

Another down fall is the ESC I Chose by Mtroniks. While it is 100% water proof, the reverse is pitiful. I can live with it though because I dont have to worry about submerging this truck, but it would be nice to have a more powerful reverse. Oh well, I got 2 novak XRS ESC's sitting here that I plan on using in my next 2 builds. They should fit nicely in ballons. I will no for next time to avoid the Mtronics esc, but again, it is nice to not have to worry about it frying, and for this truck, since I built it for mudding and running in water, its a good esc for the job.

I know, I didnt take any action pics, I was too busy haveing fun, but this weekend Im going to try and find some mud, if the snow melts... and I should get some sweet pics then!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Here are some new pics. I finally got my hands on a set of the Chrome Stock car wheels, and I think they look GREAT, especially with the black body. I also painted a set of the black stock car wheels white and slapped some boggers on them, I think they look really good with the orange body as well. I also got a set of Hummer tires and a set of High-lift tires in.

Only one action shot... the dang thing was glitching and ticking me off, so I gave up for the day.