Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Mirage's C-10 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Arrow Mirage's C-10 build

I started this on Scale 4x4, but I am really like how it is turning out and think its worthy of the scale section here as well. Let me know what ya'll think.

This is the beginning of my C-10 build. I will add more pics as progress is made. I do have the C-10 body mounted and the rear 4-linked now, but I need shorter bottom links to move the axle in a tad and may also mount the shocks differently.

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I got a new digital camera for Xmas, so now i dont have to keep trying to borrow someone else's to take pics.
Forgive the blurriness on some, Im still on the learning curve.
As you can see by the pics, the rear 4 links are a tad too long and the wheels dont quite fit in the wheel wells, but should be an easy fix.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Had some time to work on this thing today. I redid the 4link setup, looks and works better this way, and I got shorter rear bottom links. I just need to take them back off and match them up perfectly lengthwise, right now they are close, but the rear is slightly torqued to the side because one link is out of wack. I also cut off the sides of the front bumper to make it look more like a bullbar. I used a T-MAXX/E-MAXX shaft for the driveshaft, and it worked out pretty well. Just need to trim the body posts.
Im still waiting on the HPI Chrome Stock Car wheels, they are out of stock everywhere, once those get slapped on along with some Flywheels tires, it will be completed.
Let me know what you think.

Old 01-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I think the black wheels look prety good.
NoblesvilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:39 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoblesvilleKid
I think the black wheels look prety good.
I agree, they do look good, but I have 3 other setf of flywheels tires, so I want to have at least 1 set of chrome wheels on this thing. I was going to mount a spare in the bed, but that would ruin the look. Im really liking how its turned out. I plan to take it out for a run tomorrow depending on the weather.

I built it to be completely water proof, but now thats its done and all nice and shiney, I dont want to mud it up, lol.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

That looks cool as hell. Are the toureg chassis 4wd or 2wd?
RivBlueNoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:03 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivBlueNoma
That looks cool as hell. Are the toureg chassis 4wd or 2wd?
Thanks, It looks better in person than in those pics. I will try and get some pics of it sitting outside and from different angles tomorrow if its not raining.

It is 4wd.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Well, I bought a couple fairleads from Gula, so I decided to see what one would look like on the bullbar. Theres a perfect slot on the chassis for a winch servo, so all I need to do is figure out a way to mount the fairleads so its sturdy and can be functional. In The picture showing the orange wheels, They are just sitting next to the truck, they arent actually mounted. Im debating on modifying the wheels, but I think I would rather put those tires on the chrome HPI stock car wheels.

I know how much everyone love articulation shots, so I took a couple......

I really need to get outside where there is some good lighting, this camera can take really nice pics outside.

I really need to get outside where there is some good lighting, this camera can take really nice pics outside.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

what are the black rims you are using????

and looks good.

and where can i get a fairlead???
rockman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman27
what are the black rims you are using????

and looks good.

and where can i get a fairlead???
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNV38&P=ML

Those are the wheels.

You wont be able to get fairleads for awhile. The guy that made them only made a few, and now he has been shipped to who knows where. He is in the military, and will not be back for a few months.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:25 PM   #11
20K Club

Thumbs up

Now I see why you made it water proof!!!!

That is some BEAUTIFUL country.

Your rig looks awesome. I think if you add some rear fender wells it will look even better.

Great job.

Josh
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:33 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage
It is 4wd.
Thats not the answer I wanted to hear. Now Im going to have to keep my eyes open for a cheap one. Do you know what other chassis are the same as the toureg?
RivBlueNoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:26 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivBlueNoma
Thats not the answer I wanted to hear. Now Im going to have to keep my eyes open for a cheap one. Do you know what other chassis are the same as the toureg?
Pajero, and a few others, but they have all be discontinued except for the touareg.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:26 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Pretty sweet. I think you'll like it better if you ditch the front bumper and cut that box off the front of the chassis. You'll get a much better approach angle.

The XC is a great trail rig. One of my all-time favorites, and it looks great with the C-10 body
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:55 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

NICE BUILD. I also like the black rims, they fit an older chevy.
LEDDPIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:42 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat
Pretty sweet. I think you'll like it better if you ditch the front bumper and cut that box off the front of the chassis. You'll get a much better approach angle.

The XC is a great trail rig. One of my all-time favorites, and it looks great with the C-10 body
Thanks, I will look into building a bumper, I like the bullbar look it has going for it right now, but I will see how it runs. Dont plan on doing much crawling with this truck so I dont think it will be an issue, but then again, an aluminum skid/bumper would probably look sweet as well. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #17
PapaGriz Yo

I'd somehow mount the bumper higher and do a skidplate down to the suspension like the desert racers do. I agree that the bullbar look works well but it's just too low. I also think you should ditch the black wheels. You've got so much black on there already. I like the look with the orange/chrome wheels.

Looking good though, I have had alot of fun with my Tamiya Hummer and Traxxas 4Tec rigs.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:30 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

dude, i gotta build a 1.9 scaler.... hmmmm what body?
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:25 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Well I mounted a set of fog lights. Next time I break out the soldering Iron I will be attaching them directly to the ESC. I made the brackets from a Stampede front body post. Look pretty good in my opinion.

Next on the list is mounting the winch fairlead, modding a servo for winch duty, and then actually hooking it all up. Have a pretty good Idea in my head on what I want to do, but unfortunately some of the pieces I need are ~400 miles away at my parents place, and I don't feel like buying new ones when I have some already.

Little side note, I have some parts for my F-100 tuber on the way, so I hope to update that thread in a week or so as well.

Enough of the rambling here are more pics.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:08 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Still waiting on the chrome wheels and HL tires to arrive, but I got a different C-10 body for this thing. Looks alot better with the black wheels in my opinion.

Yeah yeah, I know, I need some outdoor/action shots. I just havent had the time, I havent even run the thing yet.