Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Rusty 1.9 Chevy based

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Rusty 1.9 Chevy based

This is my first build thread so any comments or anything would be helpful. This is not my first build however. I wanted to build a truck that I could beat on and not worry about it breaking or what it looked like. I whipped up this chassis in two hours with my mig and 3/16 solid stock. Robbed some parts off my other trucks and had a roller.
Wheels and tires: 1.9 methods with pitbulls, will get the new pitbulls soon.

Drivetrain: stock scx trans for now with mip shafts. Scx axles, fronts been xr modded with beef toons and vanquish hubs and chubs. Over geared in the front. Backs stock for now.

Suspension: links are threaded rod sleeved with aluminum and revo rod ends. 110 kings in the front, 90mm in the back.

Electronics: right now I have a brxl each and 27t motor. Servo I don't even know what it is. I'll be playing around with the electronics later.

All the body panels on this truck will be .008 almumin. Easy to from and easy to dent. I won't be painting this chassis. Still have to strip the orange off the front shock hoops. I won't be painting the panels either. I wanted to build something the local guy would build but with decent parts. Chrome won't get ya home

lipbr302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Rusty 1.9 Chevy based

I like the aluminum panels. Are you just hand forming them over a clodbuster body? Can't wait to see the rest of the body and how into looks after some trail time!
Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:50 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Yeah I just formed it over a clod body I have. It's very light but after some bends and I fold the edges over it's not bad. It'll definitely dent on the trail, which is the point. Not as good as some of the builds people have on here but it'll do.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:10 PM   #4

Metal work looks killer. I dig the cage design. Imo I would run a forward mounted tranny and a t case. Full interior would be perfect in this rig!
scalemechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 09:17 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Yeah I was tossing around the idea of a forward mounted tranny and t case. I'll do some more research on it. With such a open cab it's hard to find where I want to put my battery and electronics.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:15 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Nice work dude, looks great!
I'm trying to decide between tube and solid rod for a custom build myself, what kinda weight is your chassis at?
sabo308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:16 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

you could use a mini revo trans with a 540 motor mount and get a small shaft adapter for one end of it to take larger shafts to a small t case if you wernt going to run too much power
steven318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:07 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I have no idea how much the chassis weighs. I don't care to much about it when building trucks. It is what it is. And yeah I probably will be putting the motor up front. I can fab my own mounts but I don't know what to do about the tranny. Was thinking about the rc4wd r4 single speed but I don't know what that can take. It'll always be brushed around 20t on 3s. I got some more panels built so I'll update today. That and I need to something about the steering. Won't fully compress without hitting the frame on the steering arm.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:51 PM   #9

Notch out the frame where the rods hit then gusset the frame to strengthen it.
scalemechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:49 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

hi can you tell me where that grill came from
steven318is is offline   Reply With Quote

Rusty 1.9 Chevy based - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi based 72 Chevy Long Bed C3 build Rooster87 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 08-06-2015 08:56 PM
Found this old rusty Chevy tailgate... Hoosierdady Paint and Body 12 04-07-2015 09:22 AM