Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: HG P402 - Project "Bargain Basement"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2018, 01:51 AM   #41

Default Re: HG P402 - Project "Bargain Basement"

Hi there Carmine!

Nice to hear somebody has had a look at my photos! - traffic through this forum seems to be very slow!

The long rod is a very light aluminium tube with the ends flattened and drilled - I don't think it adds anything to chassis stiffness. I fitted it mainly to keep all the wiring out of the way of motor pinion/drive cogs, prop shafts (I think they are called drive shafts in the US - the ones that connect the central gearbox to the front and back axles)

You have been busy with the 3D design and printing ! - I too have a friend with a 3D printer! If I may, I will pass the files onto him. The Panhard setup looks interesting!

I have two or three more albums of photos, which I will post links to, so you can see what progress I have made - with respect to the wheels & tyres - I was loaned a set of FTX Outback wheels & tyres which I found a lot grippier than the HG originals, also the rims looked a lot more scale when used with my D90 body shell so I bought a set.

Sorry to hear about your Wife - Best wishes to you both. I am single and of (I suspect) a similar age to yourself. So far I have lost four friends to cancer sadly.

Last edited by FairlyOldGit; 10-08-2018 at 02:28 AM.
FairlyOldGit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2018, 03:33 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: HG P402 - Project "Bargain Basement"

Thank you very much for the thoughts! We need them.
ALL those Thingiverse files are free shareware, so use as you please!

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm 54 years old.... Many who knew me before this new group of people, don't believe I made it this far!!!

I'm keeping the standard "Tyres" and Wheels. Not for anything like this, but something.... And please don't worry about nomenclature.... I've been to 16 Countries in the USAF. Lived in 4.
I speak the Queen's English, Alabama Engllush, Executive English.... And when pissed off, I can even speak Trump's English!!!! LMAO!

I've got most of my wiring buried under the full Cab Interior..... At least until I wire up all the Body LEDs! I've got it reasonably stiff, but a crap Chassis like this will never be really rigid. Maybe with a bolted on Hardbody, but I'm going Lexan.
Cheers!

Last edited by THX_138; 01-06-2019 at 10:41 PM.
PoorManRC is offline   Reply With Quote

HG P402 - Project "Bargain Basement" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AREA 51RC "Project Chaotic "Switch" XR10" D19er Axial XR10 105 03-10-2014 05:30 PM
Project "Tombstone" R.I.P "Rest In Pieces" mud digger 2.2 Scale Rigs 25 05-20-2013 07:54 PM
Project "FRANKESTAIN" or "AXIAL FORCE" mykonian General Crawlers 5 03-06-2009 11:37 AM