Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Johnny's TFL Bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2017, 11:36 AM   #41

Default Re: Johnny's TFL Bronco

Everything about this kit looks great. I just wonder about long term durability.

The wheels are beautiful. The axles are nice, but they look like they have the huge, old school pumpkins and axle tubes. Do you have any Axial axles for a comparison photo? And are the axles compatible with Axial parts?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2017, 12:49 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Everything about this kit looks great. I just wonder about long term durability.

The wheels are beautiful. The axles are nice, but they look like they have the huge, old school pumpkins and axle tubes. Do you have any Axial axles for a comparison photo? And are the axles compatible with Axial parts?
I don't have any Axial parts laying around anymore. Supposedly, the TFL parts are Axial compatible, but I don't know this to be fact. Yeah, the long term durability I'm not sure of. As far as I know, this kit came out 9 months ago, so who knows how long things will last. The wheels are sweet and the tires are pretty soft, but I'm gonna sell them off...I'd like to get a set from Locked Up and some RC4WD rubber.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:52 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

In case anyone wants to know, the chassis, tire carrier, and body mounting hardware total 1.5 lbs.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

I'm really torn on colors. Was thinking yellow body, black interior, lime green chassis. I'll take any suggestions on this lolol. Once the colors are decided, I'm gonna bring the chassis and tire carrier to get powdercoated. I'll paint the body parts myself with rattle cans, throw some race decals on it.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:16 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

JTR - clear your inbox...
Old 10-18-2017, 03:59 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysplits View Post
JTR - clear your inbox...
Sorry, I cleared some space!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:26 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Sorry, I cleared some space!
Old 11-19-2017, 06:47 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

Glad to see someone else on here pulled the trigger on one of these. I bought Mine through Banggood Oct 9th and it just got here 2 days ago. I'm super happy with the quality of everything. Fitment is just as good as with any onther kit on the market, and the aluminum parts are really high quality. A few little bugs I've found with my "kit" is that hardware lengths are either to long or to short for my liking, Firewall will need trimmed very slightly in order to clear the back of the transmission and unfortunately mine looked like a fat girl in high heals did a dance on the box, so I do have a few minor cracks to repair on the body.
I paid full price of $589.99 for mine, and considering what the kit consist of, this isn't a bad price IMO. I hope to see more of these on here and can't wait to see what people do with them. I think there will be some amazing builds based on this guy.
Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:50 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Where'd you go Johnny?? I hope you haven't been abducted or anything!
Now, as a Disabled, Retired MSGT...... I see NO chance of me Ever being able to pay almost $600.00 - for a Kit without Electronics!!!
I am really intrigued though, especially after seeing the "load tests" on the Video. HOW IS IT??? Did you finish?

It's like when I look at a new 911...... I know I'll never have one, but they're sure nice to watch 'em go!
PoorManRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:52 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorManRC View Post
Where'd you go Johnny?? I hope you haven't been abducted or anything!
Now, as a Disabled, Retired MSGT...... I see NO chance of me Ever being able to pay almost $600.00 - for a Kit without Electronics!!!
I am really intrigued though, especially after seeing the "load tests" on the Video. HOW IS IT??? Did you finish?

It's like when I look at a new 911...... I know I'll never have one, but they're sure nice to watch 'em go!
Wow!! It's been over a year since being here! I'm still here, but so much has happened since a year ago. Got into jets, some boats, having a boat painted now by an awesome pro, and also bought a house three months ago. I haven't got the garage turned into a workshop yet, but it's in the plan. I almost have everything to finish out the TFL Bronco, but it's gonna be a while.

Johnny's TFL Bronco - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Johnny's Axial SCX-10 G6 (Re)Build JohnnyAnguish Axial SCX-10 42 02-05-2019 05:39 PM
TFL Bronco Johnnysplits General Crawlers 10 09-16-2017 10:14 PM
TFL Fiberglass Bronco Tuber STANG KILLA SS General Scale Talk 16 02-06-2017 08:32 AM
Johnny's Class 3 RR10 Crawler johnnyh66 Axial RR10 Bomber 22 01-10-2017 10:16 PM
Johnny's New Vehicle Purchase Chit-Chat Die-Laughing Illinois 1076 02-23-2016 02:36 AM