Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Enduro in reverse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Enduro in reverse

My Enduro RTR will be here today. I've watched a few reviews on the Tube and from what some are saying, reverse is a little jumpy, not controlled, etc. So my question is, is it the speed control or the transmitter that is the problem?
Atitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Enduro in reverse

Mostly the operator. That said swapping motor leads is common

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:35 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I haven't experienced this myself (I got the kit) but I have heard its the radio. Its been said that the radio has a 70/30 throttle meaning 70% of the travel is for forward (throttle) while 30% is for reverse. This gives great forward resolution/control at the detriment of the resolution in reverse so small movements on the trigger translate to bigger (reverse) throttle inputs making it touchy.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:58 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The rig comes with the 5% overdrive gears installed in the transmission. The overall design was conceived with 1:1 drive, so with the update the motor was spinning backwards, so they reversed the radio. To fix it you need to revers the motor leads - red to black and black to red - put your transmitter back to N for normal - it comes set for R - reverse.

If you go 1:1 or the "Gate3" 11.8% overdrive then you need to switch the leads back. In any case, the radio should be operated with the throttle switch in N.

In the tips and tricks thread - this came courtesy of Mike's RC Headquarters - on twitter @ mikesrch

It fixed mine right up! Unfortunately I'd already bought a HobbyWing 1080 ESC, so now I have a spare.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:26 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Watched JRH video, 70/30, shown issue.

https://youtu.be/3qnmA9Ca7e8

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:09 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Mostly the operator. That said swapping motor leads is common

Hang up and Drive
So mine arrived about 11AM. The first thing I did was take it outside and try reverse on the rocks. You were right, "mostly operator". Mine does just fine in reverse.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:15 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
The rig comes with the 5% overdrive gears installed in the transmission. The overall design was conceived with 1:1 drive, so with the update the motor was spinning backwards, so they reversed the radio. To fix it you need to revers the motor leads - red to black and black to red - put your transmitter back to N for normal - it comes set for R - reverse.

If you go 1:1 or the "Gate3" 11.8% overdrive then you need to switch the leads back. In any case, the radio should be operated with the throttle switch in N.

In the tips and tricks thread - this came courtesy of Mike's RC Headquarters - on twitter @ mikesrch

It fixed mine right up! Unfortunately I'd already bought a HobbyWing 1080 ESC, so now I have a spare.
Great information, thank you.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:17 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I haven't experienced this myself (I got the kit) but I have heard its the radio. Its been said that the radio has a 70/30 throttle meaning 70% of the travel is for forward (throttle) while 30% is for reverse. This gives great forward resolution/control at the detriment of the resolution in reverse so small movements on the trigger translate to bigger (reverse) throttle inputs making it touchy.
I never knew that about the radio set up, thanks.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:18 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Watched JRH video, 70/30, shown issue.

https://youtu.be/3qnmA9Ca7e8

Hang up and Drive
Thanks for the link.

Enduro in reverse - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Enduro mk3jetta Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 63 04-16-2021 08:15 PM
What I'm doing to my ENDURO! CODYBOY Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 98 04-10-2020 08:37 PM
Need Help: ROC 412 Sensored=Reverse Only, Sensorless=Forwards/Reverse jeepnvinny Electronics 5 03-01-2014 08:21 PM
novak eiger pro green led flashing in reverse No Reverse sometimes burmis Electronics 2 05-22-2013 09:04 PM
The 1/8 Wonder Enduro Race The Cow Non Crawler RC's 5 09-22-2010 03:47 PM