Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Future build?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2020, 04:58 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Future build?

Ok guys, I’m looking at jumping into the 1.9 world. This is a potential future class 2 legal build.

I’ve done a good bit of looking around, checking out builds, videos, etc. I also called up and talk to Ikaika at the crawl space for some basic input. Thank you for that sir! He wanted me to send him an email to start going over options and his thoughts on different parts. I figured I would just post up here as I’m sure he will see this and you all can jump in on the hazing.

So to start this, I’ll be running all my old electronics from my 2.2 shafty. The next step was to figure out axles and chassis. I think I will end up going with TCS “Game Changer” chassis. OK!

Next is axles. It seems most guys are running the SCX2 or Enduro axles. So let’s see who’s has what and WHY you like them. PROS vs CONS.

Thanks!

Last edited by JaredVW; 06-10-2020 at 09:46 PM.
JaredVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2020, 08:51 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Future build?

Nothing? Nobody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2020, 09:43 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Well I dont build for competition but I still go for performance. I like the SCX10.2 axles over the Enduro axles, they're a little bit smaller a bit better looking IMO, have the high pinion and an option for overdrive. I like the combo of SCX10.2 axles with overdrive up front and the Enduro gearbox with additional overdrive, maybe 25-30% overdrive?
the Enduro gearbox has a higher CG though but can be lowered a little with some tinkering.

I dont know if the game changer has a tranny with counter rotating shafts but if so the Enduro does allow you to flip the diffs to correct this.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 06-12-2020 at 09:46 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 04:23 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Just run ar44/scx10.2 based axles. The Enduro axles are ok, I have a couple trucks with them. But, they are harder to get good steering angle from and there aren't quite as many aftermarket parts available. For example, I wanted OD gears for a front axle...nobody makes them that I can find. That said, if you go with the Gamechanger and use their t-case setup it has 30% OD already so likely no need for OD gears in the front axle. Still nice to keep options open. The other thing is the ar44 axles are high pinion, so it gets the driveshafts up just a little higher and every little bit of clearance helps.

On my Gamechanger I'm using the SSD Diamond housings for the ar44 axles and some brass c-hubs and knuckles up front. This gives a good weight distribution without making it too heavy.
garyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:46 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the input guys! I figured the AR44 was the best bet, but sometimes other options might have a better pro vs con depending on application. I’m wanting to get something together for overall messing around, but still class 2 legal if I want to jump back into comp stuff.

Future build? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with future build cormier33 General Crawlers 3 08-31-2013 05:21 PM
my rubi build(future) Hydro-Tank Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 15 07-09-2011 08:59 PM
Need some help with my future build! amorton94 General Scale Talk 12 09-04-2010 11:36 AM
Future TLT Build Tru3Racing Tamiya TLT Crawlers 4 06-26-2006 06:57 PM