Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: TTC Tuber Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 09:41 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by transambill View Post
I only have a cell phone camera so I can e-mail or text pics but cant really post them.:-(

Have you compared that chassis with a Wreckluse chassis?
My crawling buddy(turn-n-burn on here) has one and we set them side by side. The Matzilla custom chassis is almost exactly the same as a Wreckluse. The only difference is the Wreckluse has nuts brazed on it for body panels and the Matzilla chassis has some extra braceing in areas that the Wreckluse doesnt. Not knocking your choice man but it seems your scrapping the idea to build on a Chevy chassis for a GMC chassis when you already own the Chevy chassis. Get what I mean, there both basically the same thing.

Anyway, got my lower links built, just waiting on my 4-link mounts and servo mount to get here so I can build the upper links and mount the servo. Then it's time for body panels and interior.
I can text or e-mail you some pics if interested.
I did my homework...and there are more differences than just nuts and bracing...its all in what you want the final product to be. My original intent was to buy a Wreckluse....I've wanted to do one ever since they came out. When I found the Mattzilla Chassis I debated back and forth just long enough for the last batch of Wreckluse units to sell out, so then it was an easy choice. After seeing a couple of things wouldn't work out the way I wanted, I went back to my original plan.
MNROKCRAWLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

OK cool I see what your saying. There was a Wreckluse chassis in the classifides the other day for sale, you mite wanna see if it's still avaliable.
What are your plans for the Matzilla chassis, wanna sell it?

Mines on hold till I can come up with some shocks. The ones I bought and paid for back on the 14th still havent shipped. Had to contact seller myself and see what the delay was and was told they would ship out early next week. Whats bad is 4 other buyers bought a set on the 25th and have gotten them already.
I found a set of the scale RC4WD 110mm shocks but I want to run a droop setup so now I dont know what I'm going to do.
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:37 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

Got a brandy new one coming from RCP. Thanks though!

Thats a bummer about your shocks. Nothing worse than crappy ebay service.
MNROKCRAWLR is offline   Reply With Quote