Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Looking to build.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Looking to build.

I'm nearing the end on my wraith based aluminum rock racer. Should have the interior and body finished this weekend. Now I'm looking for ideas for my next project. I want something super scale looking. I'm going to build it with working steering. Realistic steering, so the driver's hands move. The only things I'm not going to make are the axles, drive shafts, transmission, and electronics(except lighting). I'm open to rock racers, crawlers, and truggy ideas. Pics are appreciated for ideas. The reason I want input, is cause it'll probably be sold here to fund my rc addiction. I want to build something you guys would like to see. 2.2 or 1.9 tire sizing.
project_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Since the ideas have been flooding in, I'm going to build a halo themed rock crawler/trail rig. I'm cannibalizing my ridgecrest for parts, running on a 27t hh motor with the axial ae-2 esc. Gonna run it on 3s with a cc bec for the servo. Probably buying a hitec 7995 servo. Already designing the steering using some stock drive shafts. It will allow me to mount the servo in the chassis, and maintain 4-link suspension without bump steer. Should line up so I can attach the steering wheel to it so the wheel and driver's hands move with the wheels. Should have the steering fabricated up this weekend. I want to mod a airsoft gun to ride shot gun, or be roof mounted. Laser sight too. Pretty excited to make this thing happen.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Looking to build.

that sounds like a rig my son would likegonna be cool. Got any scetchs?
TrickyRicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyRicky View Post
that sounds like a rig my son would likegonna be cool. Got any scetchs?
Got a sketch of my idea. It's a halo themed rock crawler.

Looking to build. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM
Practice build before I build a real crawler. jm8881 General Crawlers 46 03-13-2005 09:21 PM