Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Hammer King

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Hammer King

I was looking at a Summit front diff yesterday for my Campbell build! Doh! Glad I read that build from DMG and him doing the Slash diff instead. I already have the Slash parts and MIPs. What route will you be going with the diff after reading his two builds? Still sticking with the Summit?
Pockets70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pockets70 View Post
I was looking at a Summit front diff yesterday for my Campbell build! Doh! Glad I read that build from DMG and him doing the Slash diff instead. I already have the Slash parts and MIPs. What route will you be going with the diff after reading his two builds? Still sticking with the Summit?
I could be wrong, but I believe the appeal for the Summit diff is, it's controlled by a mini-servo so you can have it locked or open. Really the best front diff for a full blown rock racer.

Not sure if slash has that option.
Like I said, I could be wrong. I never read, only look at the pretty pictures. More pics?
tedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedo View Post
I could be wrong, but I believe the appeal for the Summit diff is, it's controlled by a mini-servo so you can have it locked or open. Really the best front diff for a full blown rock racer.

Not sure if slash has that option.
Like I said, I could be wrong. I never read, only look at the pretty pictures. More pics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pockets70 View Post
I still plan to use it. To my knowledge it is the only remote functioning lockable diff by traxxas or an independent suspension setup. From what I've seen most the issues have been from the little bar breaking inside causing the gears to strip out. If I replaced all the internal parts with the aftermarket ones I posted it should hold up. I hope anyway !
ngward79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

I want it just for the small case size and the ratio is close enough to my 38/13 HD rear set. I hadn't thought about setting up a 3rd channel lockout for mine. Hmm. It would have to be fail-proof for hill climbs and sand and then disengage for our infield section.
Pockets70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:38 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Made my mount/skid plate for the front Revo diff and made my front upper and lower control arms.

How it's setting now with the control arms I made.

Finally got to a point I can do some mockup for suspension and links. Also got my servo mounts in, tabs for bottom skid and some bracing but I still need to add a few more and put a lot of tabs in for the body panels.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:08 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

This is looking very cool , the front droop angles are pretty close to the 1:1 and I'm guessing you wont be needing any wheel weights on the front of this !
northkona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:55 AM   #27
RCC Addict

im doing a big IFS truck build as well, subbing to watch this one progress.
klampykixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Best ifs build yet. It's about time someone made the A arms out of steel instead of crappy plastic. It makes so much sense because it eliminates knuckle weights and puts the beef where you need it the most. Not to mention it looks bad ass. Subscribed!
tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:57 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by northkona View Post
This is looking very cool , the front droop angles are pretty close to the 1:1 and I'm guessing you wont be needing any wheel weights on the front of this !

Thanks, I was trying to get it as close as possible to the 1:1 like how I have the front diff setting lower than the belly of the rest of the chassis. I also tried to make the control arms similar and used revo rod ends to attach to the knuckles like the 1:1 do with heim joints and seems to work well so far, I'll have to wait till I get it running to see if this setup on the control arms will actually hold up.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Control arms look nice and beefy
Hacksaw707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:47 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Any updates ?
northkona is offline   Reply With Quote

Hammer King - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King of Hammer from rc4wd mtgrizzlymn General Scale Talk 12 10-12-2014 03:32 AM
Rc4wd Subzero vs King of Hammer KOH golddigger General Crawlers 2 02-10-2014 12:20 PM
Fyi for all Twin Hammer Owners King pins greengoblin Vaterra Twin Hammers 2 06-15-2013 11:08 AM
king of the hammer r1 rock buggy-holmes hobbies? bergin Electronics 10 07-05-2010 05:38 PM
King of the Hammer Rapid Prototype IHCrawler Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 03-07-2010 12:05 AM