Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Jeep JK Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Jeep JK Build

Hey all! So this is my first build post.. Jeep JK Scaler. I purchased this rig as a roller. Pretty nice base to start with. Currie axles, SCX10 chassis and a partially modified New Bright Body.
First step was to build some trail doors, rock sliders and bumpers. I modeled the rear bumper after a Poison Spyder tire carrier. I modeled the trail doors after the Body Armor doors and the rock slider were built to look like EVOs. These are all built from steel rod and 20GA sheet metal. The trail door netting is elastic strips from the fabric store and wrap is a ribbon like material that looks like black webbing also from the fabric store.

[/URL

From there I built the drive train with a Super Shafty bomb proof tranny, HH crawl master, Vanquish Hurtz dig, MIP drive shafts, HH BRXL, RC4WD winch and controller, Maxamps 3s Lipo. Got the cage painted and installed some Vanquish 2.2 OMF Beadlocks with RC4WD Mud Slingers. I also installed a lift for tire clearance. Proline Scale shocks. CMS kit. One off aluminum mount plate for winch controller and battery.

I then started working the body. Sanding, sanding and more sanding. A little bondo here and there. Clearanced the fenders, added a rock bar to the existing RC4WD bumper, installed head and tail lights, Vanquish Rigid LED bar, RC Modelex Roof carrier, a bunch of scale parts, cut a lexan windshield, handmade some recovery ramps out of 18GA sheet metal.

I then moved to the interior. My figure is a Street League skater. Dash is new bright. Seats are Corbreau, dyed black. I used lexan and molded it to fit the rear and come up through the center console. Then used Hot Racing aluminum diamond plate on top of the lexan. Finished it off with the Proline NOS and fuel cell kit and a center control console. I will be putting a shifter in eventually.

I also added an RCModelex snorkel but don’t have a pic yet.
Thanks for looking.. Joe
JOEY_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2015, 07:22 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Jeep JK Build

what year ford you posing on? I have a 66
chubscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:33 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Ha! nice catch.. My 63 f100 Unibody. Got her built pretty rowdy. Just finished Crown Vic IFS conversion. Really improved the truck. Love the "slicks". 61-66 are my faves...
JOEY_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:57 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Very impressive build you have to stuff at least 5 more things in it tho Good Job
MikeChino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:04 PM   #5
RCC Addict

There's a whole lotta stuff going on there man! Love it. Looks great.
Tossedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:33 PM   #6
RCC Addict

That is a very impressive build. Doors, bumpers, slideers and details very well done.
joe122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:41 PM   #7

Find some areas that look scale for driving that thing and take pictures. Looks damn near real.
djp087 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep JK Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
Jeep build gijoe63b Large Scale Rigs 21 03-26-2011 07:26 PM
Jeep TJ build MaxxZilla 1.9 Scale Rigs 1 12-02-2010 11:21 PM
another jeep tj build (and my first build thread) scorpion/king 2.2 Scale Rigs 5 12-18-2009 02:04 PM