Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Best wheel tyre combo for max high speed stability?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2018, 02:56 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Best wheel tyre combo for max high speed stability?

Hi,

I have a pretty much custom rig that I have built, it has an scx10 chassis, wheely king axles and all steel running gear with hobbywing brushless on 3s lipo. It is a fast trail truck (i have another truck for crawling).

My problem is it's way too unstable. I am running stock scx10 wheels, and the problem is probably compounded by the narrow wheely king axles. When I change into 2nd under throttle the whole thing just does a barrel roll.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good wheel tyre combo to help with my stability issues? I dont want monster truck wheels, still want it to look somewhat real but am willing to give up a little bit of realism for stability. Any other recommendations would be great, thanks.

Last edited by e32lover; 09-22-2018 at 03:04 AM. Reason: add pics
e32lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2018, 03:58 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Best wheel tyre combo for max high speed stability?

Foams are the answer. Ci comp cuts.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:15 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Best wheel tyre combo for max high speed stability?

I believe the problem is not your tires but a lack of a torsion bar.
Basically your dropping the clutch which applies massive torque to the drive-line which is twisting up your suspension. If you have adjustable spring tension try increasing the tension on the back spring on the side of the car that is not lifting in the front. If it reduces the roll, its probably torsion bar.

To elaborate on what I think Brake Weight is saying, stiffer foams. As the drive train torque is compressing same back tire that the adjusted spring is on. If your tires aren't glued on then you can test this by folding paper towels and adding them to that tire stiffening it up, and see if that helps.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Best wheel tyre combo for max high speed stability? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Brushless combo for Mainly crawling and wheel speed baruch620 Axial RR10 Bomber 30 10-19-2017 10:48 AM
Twin Hammers High Speed Stability - HELP? melchionda Vaterra Twin Hammers 19 01-21-2016 09:56 AM
High Speed Straight Line Stability MeanTT Vaterra Twin Hammers 10 05-22-2014 04:08 PM
Motors for no high wheel speed crawling? Rc_Cam Kyosho Crawlers 4 12-24-2008 12:22 PM
noob greeings to all, chasing scale tyre rim combo`s DPS77 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 1 05-18-2007 09:30 AM