Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: AZ Summer Shoot Out June 5-7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #221
Pebble Pounder

I had a great time, truly a fun weekend! Super nice rocks up there, I could easily spend months up there crawling and never get bored.

The slash-bashing was hilarious, I laughed my ass off watching the carnage! I might have to get one of those.

Good weekend, good crawling, good people, good weather, and some good drinking too. Can't think of anything better!

When can we do it again?

Rich C.

ps - And thanks to NARCCA & the sponsors. Great job!
conejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #222
I wanna be Dave

Yeah...what Lee said!

Seriously though, that was by far the best comp I have ever been to...getting 1st in 1.9 and 4th in 2.2 didn't hurt either! The courses were amazing and as scary as they looked when we walked them were very drivable. and the use of the kids running on the courses and in front of our trucks was a clever distraction...can we keep them on a short leash next year?

Thanks Ryan and Rob for putting on an awesome event I am really looking forward to next year!

Scott, I am really glad you were able to make it out for this event and am really glad I was able to meet and hang out with you this weekend. Hope I'm able to make it out your way sometime!
Also looking forward to seeing those pics!

Congrats go out to all the winners and top five in 1.9, 2.2 and Super, you guys drove your a$$es off!

Thanks John (MTHead) for hauling me and all my sh!t up to Prescott and for your support on the 1.9 courses yesterday!

Lee, just wanted to give you a special thanks for helping me get 2.2 back together so I could finish my last course and to James for handing me the beer to calm my nerves!

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited by bmuzz1; 06-08-2009 at 11:25 AM.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #223
The Wheels Keep Turning

I think a bashing/crawling weekend at Watson in late September would be great. Crawlers and any other r/c's [monster trucks, short course, helicopters, planes, boats, and whatever we can get away with or have fun with up there (I'll probably have my dirtbike too!)] would be awesome! I'm in!

Many thanks to the NARCCA guys for the great event and all your hard work.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #224
DOOH!!!

Woot Woot!!! That was one hell of a weekend..

Glad everyone that could make it, did. It was definitely a blast!

NARRCA, Thanks for the great event, very well done!!

Scott, glad you made it, although i think Clint is still having "little spoon" nightmares..

No worries Brian, it's all good..

Kevin, you owe me some Slash parts.. j/k

Thanks again to all that judged and scored, it was a long day for all, and congrats to all the winners..
MTHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #225
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHead View Post

Kevin, you owe me some Slash parts.. j/k

Luckily I had every part I need here for mine and they are both fixed and up and running again.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #226
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuzz1 View Post

Lee, just wanted to give you a special thanks for helping me get 2.2 back together so I could finish my last course and to James for handing me the beer to calm my nerves!

Thanks,
Brian
No Problem glad I had the stuff on hand to do it!!

And just paying it forward from Ryan driving home to get me the HR short housing I needed to run. And he did not want any $$ for it!!(are you Sure Ryan??)
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #227
Rock Crawler

Hey everyone I had an awesome time. Both my rigs ran well and I thought they handled well being both new and no drive time on them. The camp ground and comp location was beautiful. All weekend I only took one pic. It was nice to see everone helping each other out with parts, tips, ideas, and help driving while on course even though all of our competition was high. Just goes to show what kind of drivers Arizona can throw out. Serious competiters yet still help the next guy out. I am all for a another comp up there later in the year. My wife would come and we could just hang out.

I would especially like to thank Ryan and Rob along with the rest of the crew at NARRCA for the event. I thought it went quite well for the amount of drivers we had. It is great to have these get togethers and all hang out like best friends and shoot the sh!!.

Congrats to the winners of each class. Brian you 1.9 driving was insane. John Didn't get to watch any yours run but hat's off. Darwin, MAD skills man. Who won the nats run off?

Next time I will have some lights and do some real trail running with you guys and have some night fun. Maybe we can get together this summer up on Mt. Lemmon at rose canyon lake for some scale running and a little camping. While Tucson is 110 an hour away in the mountain is 80-85.

Rob thanks for the slider, that little turd is a blast to tear aound. Rear right tire is bald already.

See you all soon

Last edited by TK-twister; 06-08-2009 at 07:30 PM.
TK-twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #228
Rock Stacker

SWEET COMP,THANKS TO NARCCA AND ALL THE SPONSORS
CRAWL ASSASSIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #229
Rock Crawler

Travis, Thanks for the use of the tent, and to Narcca great event, can't wait till next year .
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #230

very fun comp. as all narrca has been through the season. i had lots of fun courses were intimidating but very drivable. thanks narrca
1stockliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:52 AM   #231
I wanna be Dave

MAN WHAT A WEEKENED!

i am fried to a crisp, tired and cant wait to do it again!

thanks to all the narrca guys and their sponsers that made this event happen. there was some amazing driving this weekend. congrats to all the winners.
the courses were crazy, the people were great and the slash bashing was nuts. it was by far one of the funnest comps i have been to.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #232
The Wheels Keep Turning

Does anyone know if the results have been posted anywhere?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #233
DOOH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland View Post
Does anyone know if the results have been posted anywhere?

Not yet, Winks (Ryan) said it would be a little bit before he had time..
MTHead is offline   Reply With Quote