RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   New Comp Build.......SWX......New Production Pics!! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/110201-new-comp-build-swx-new-production-pics.html)

BENDER 12-16-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 2166878)
WOW! You gonna run 2 esc's with that thing? :twisted:

Nah. One esc + one tranny = macho man rig. :lol:

BEELZEBOB 12-16-2009 09:02 AM

he just doesnt like it because he cant figure out the whole "trigger & wheel" concept. LOL

but i am corious as hell as to WTF you're gonna use the 4th channel for......

redxz30 12-16-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbiss (Post 1987940)
So what are you running for steering? When we going to see new pics?

Pictures of latest comps show he is running the axial BTA setup, and probably other R&D items that are soon to be released. "thumbsup"

redxz30 12-16-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB (Post 2167852)
he just doesnt like it because he cant figure out the whole "trigger & wheel" concept. LOL

but i am corious as hell as to WTF you're gonna use the 4th channel for......

It looks like an axial trans dig/axle mounted dig from the folded over add I saw.
From the posts you have been making I think you know.:wink:
I hate this quiet before the storm stuff.:sad:

fixy 01-30-2010 09:54 PM

Hi, sorry for the newb question, I've read through here and a few pages back Bender said he set his chassis to flex about the height of the tire he's running. I tried to set mine like that with limiters inside the shock, the problem I found is I cant get a ride height over 2" I have the losi crawler shock on my bender chassis. how do I get more ride height yet limit the amount of flex? thanks, James

indiana mudcat 01-30-2010 11:31 PM

Put the limiters on the outside of the shocks, that's how I setup my Axial Comp shocks.

Mini 02-16-2010 10:09 AM

Hey Brad wuz up, by any chance do you have any suggestion on the tire wobble with the new axial BTA kit?

BENDER 03-18-2010 11:44 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fixy (Post 2268407)
Hi, sorry for the newb question, I've read through here and a few pages back Bender said he set his chassis to flex about the height of the tire he's running. I tried to set mine like that with limiters inside the shock, the problem I found is I cant get a ride height over 2" I have the losi crawler shock on my bender chassis. how do I get more ride height yet limit the amount of flex? thanks, James

Quote:

Originally Posted by indiana mudcat (Post 2268547)
Put the limiters on the outside of the shocks, that's how I setup my Axial Comp shocks.

Yup, that would be my suggestion too. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mini (Post 2303448)
Hey Brad wuz up, by any chance do you have any suggestion on the tire wobble with the new axial BTA kit?

Like Brandon mentioned in another thread, we get some wobble but no where near what a few have been getting. We are still discussing what could be going on.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, just haven't had time. I finally got a chance to snap a few pics of my latest set-up this morning. 8)

Changes:
Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster BR-XL ESC
Futaba 4pk radio
Futaba S9157 Steering Servo
New 45t motor, that has been massaged by Team Pro

So far I love the changes, I've clawed my way into the top 10 at all 3 Axial WCC Qualifiers with this set-up. The HH BR-XL esc is awesome, great low speed resolution, 6s capability, and no need for an external BEC. The Futaba electronics are second to none, I love this radio. Tough to beat a freshly tuned motor too. "thumbsup"

A few pics.

Mini 03-18-2010 12:05 PM

FINALLY!!!!! Lol thanks Brad :) Rig looks great.

cornsnake 03-18-2010 06:34 PM

Cool pics! Red shock caps look dope, w/shock body color.

666 03-18-2010 06:41 PM

I had a blast following you guys through courses this last weekend watching you do work!

Can't wait to see what is up the sleeve!! 8)

crawl rookie 03-19-2010 12:56 PM

Glad seeing that your rocking the shafty Bender"thumbsup"

What shocks are those, they look like axial comp shocks but the red detaild tell me otherwise..

Thanks

Greetz

Mischa

BENDER 03-22-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mini (Post 2363336)
FINALLY!!!!! Lol thanks Brad :) Rig looks great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornsnake (Post 2363886)
Cool pics! Red shock caps look dope, w/shock body color.

Thanks guys. 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 2363898)
I had a blast following you guys through courses this last weekend watching you do work!

Can't wait to see what is up the sleeve!! 8)

Thanks Patrick, it was fun to comp with again too. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawl rookie (Post 2365137)
Glad seeing that your rocking the shafty Bender"thumbsup"

What shocks are those, they look like axial comp shocks but the red detaild tell me otherwise..

Thanks

Greetz

Mischa

They are the Axial comp shocks, with red anodized caps and pre-load adjusters. "thumbsup"

masscwlr 03-24-2010 10:16 PM

I like to see that their are still some axial drivers out there to give the M.O.A.'s a run for their money. I like your rig. Hope to get the chance to crawl with you some day.

Waiting Dragon 03-24-2010 11:24 PM

X2"thumbsup"

philgoods9 03-25-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENDER (Post 1905655)
Thanks for the compliments on the chassis guys, glad you like it. 8)

:lol: No, other then the dig it's still pretty much the same rig. "thumbsup"

Correct. I have a prototype skid plate and the tranny mounting holes are slightly different from the production SWX skid plate.

You'll have to shorten the driveshafts a little. The driveshaft doesn't move when using the VP dig, but you are lengthening the tranny when you bolt the unit up.

Hey I review some of your pics and I think you movr thr tranny foward and upper no?

And I can see the light between the skid and the bottom of your body?

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/attac...1&d=1268933961

Can I have a picture of your prototype skid plate?;-)

Also, wich rod ends you used on your last modification? they look like longer and very slim!

liverkiller1 03-26-2010 02:35 AM

is bender gunna come out with a triangulated skid for the swx? ive been floating around on just making my own and seeing how it works.

wiskeytgofoxtrt 03-26-2010 06:37 AM

track width

Hey Bender I was checking out the new pics and was wondering what your front track width is?...... Also its fairly ez to double triangulate with the stock skid. "thumbsup"

Pro RC 93 03-26-2010 10:21 AM

Nice build and looks like a very capable rig. I was just wondering what foams you are running in your tires are they stock or did you trim them? Also if they are stock what dot are you running?

BENDER 03-29-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philgoods9 (Post 2376443)
Hey I review some of your pics and I think you movr thr tranny foward and upper no?

And I can see the light between the skid and the bottom of your body?

Can I have a picture of your prototype skid plate?;-)

Also, wich rod ends you used on your last modification? they look like longer and very slim!

You are right, I did slide the transmission forward slightly for my old dig set-up. So, I made an aluminum adapter plate so I can move the tranny around a little if needed. But, with the Vanquish dig there really isn't a need for it, I just haven't had a chance to take it out. I am running Jato rod ends on my lower links. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by liverkiller1 (Post 2376805)
is bender gunna come out with a triangulated skid for the swx? ive been floating around on just making my own and seeing how it works.

We probably won't make a new production skid plate to triangulate the lower links more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiskeytgofoxtrt (Post 2376931)
Hey Bender I was checking out the new pics and was wondering what your front track width is?...... Also its fairly ez to double triangulate with the stock skid. "thumbsup"

I am 10 1/2" wide out front and 10" wide out back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro RC 93 (Post 2377244)
Nice build and looks like a very capable rig. I was just wondering what foams you are running in your tires are they stock or did you trim them? Also if they are stock what dot are you running?

Thanks. 8)

I'm running a home made 2 stage foam out back with a harder center/core, and soft outer foam over that. The front are modified/trimmed memory foams.