Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Which Aluminum C's and Knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 10:44 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Which Aluminum C's and Knuckles

I am looking to buy a set of aluminum c's and knuckles for my truck and was wondering which one's everyone prefers? I am also thinking about a straight axle kit and really like the plastic axial kit there coming out with only because it will match the axle so well.
Trimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2008, 11:07 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

i have the rcp straight axles and adapters and love them. you can check them out te 29th. I also plan on getting the rcp max clearance c and knuckles soon.
juststartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:11 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststartin View Post
i have the rcp straight axles and adapters and love them. you can check them out te 29th. I also plan on getting the rcp max clearance c and knuckles soon.

I was leaning more toward the RCP stuff but there sold out and I want it before the comp on the 29th. As for the straight axle I really want the plastic one. I dont mind spending the money on the aluminum ones I just dont like how you have a dull plastic axle then shiny aluminum on the end.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

true. the straight axle adapters match the black pretty close. they are not shiny. I havent seen the plastic ones. I will get you a pic if you want it.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:18 PM   #5
2006 2.2 National Champ

The RCP gear is very stout. A few guys I run with have had the knuckles, C's, straight axle kit, and lockouts for a while, and they have put up with a lot of abuse.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:32 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststartin View Post
true. the straight axle adapters match the black pretty close. they are not shiny. I havent seen the plastic ones. I will get you a pic if you want it.
That would be awesome.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:33 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
The RCP gear is very stout. A few guys I run with have had the knuckles, C's, straight axle kit, and lockouts for a while, and they have put up with a lot of abuse.
I like RCP so I guess I should just wait till there back in stock.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

here you go. hope this helps.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:46 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I dont know about the rear lockouts. I think the axial plastic ones will look a lot better and i think if you land hard enough to break the plastic ones you would probably mess up something on the aluminum ones, plus RCP is out of stock with them too lol. Thanks for the fast pictures

I really like the fact that the RCP C's are clockable. Does anyone else have any input on the brands suck as RC4wd, or Hot Racing?
Old 03-14-2008, 11:48 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

no problem
Old 03-15-2008, 12:53 AM   #11
RCC Addict

I looked into it recently too and I came to the rcp conclusion.... Best product at the best price.... how do you argue???? I will be ordering a bunch of stuff on the 30th and I hope all that stuff comes back in stock as that's some of the stuff I need to order. If all goes well with my first purchase I will more then likly order from them as much or more then my LHS. Gotta support the forum......
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:53 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I've got every GH part available for the truck except the axle housings themselves on my truck, and I'm way happy with them. I cartwheeled the thing a bunch down in St. George last weekend and didn't have any issues at all. They don't offer black so if you're going for the stealth look, they're not the way to go, but if you like green or silver, their stuff is great.
metalry101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:06 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

i am runing the ckrc rear axle kit. (lockouts and SS straight shafts)
i have the rcp high clearance knucles and C's on the front and they wetn together great and are working perfectly
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #14
RCC Addict

RCP !!!! I have thier clockable C's, max clearance knuckles and straight axle adapters and they are all top quality parts ! I realy like the srtaight axle adapters cause they are round and not square,they look great and offer a little more clearence in my opinion. Best part about RCP is thier service...you get your parts when they say you will !!!
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #15
I joined the Band!

Default rcp

i have the hole rcp line on my rig and i love them.max clearence knuckles ,clockable c's,straight axles adapters i even had the s.s 1 peice axles .HAD they bent and i went back to the stock 2 peice and they work great .there is give if you really smoke the wheel hard when tumbling down a rock nothing will bend and stay that way.as far as the c's go they do not clock the way you would expect them to.i thought they were for when you rolled your axles up to gain clearence you could clock the c's to get your steering castor back .,but much to my surprise they actually work oposite .when i realized this i contacted rcp and explained what i had done and brian told me this is correct . the service and quality of parts are second to none.i have had no issues at all with my rcp aluminium parts they look great and are strong as hell.8 days shipping to canada in the december rush .thats awesome

Last edited by colonelangus; 03-15-2008 at 09:45 AM.
colonelangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:44 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

RCP sounds like the way to go!!! Thanks for your help guys
Old 03-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Hang on so the clockable c's actually clock the diff down not up???? WTF y? Wut's the point of clocking it down more? and wut's with the high clearence knuckle? does it turn sharper or is the steering arm on the knuckle raised up for more ground clearence?
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:15 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

I'm using TLT axles.
Up front I've got the TCS's 30*clocked Cs with Mnster's 3x6 bearing modification and RCP's new maximum steer knuckles and RCP's CVD axles..
In the rear I have a RC4WD stainless straight axle and MSD Ultimate Lockouts.
Just to finish things up I also have both axles loaded with RCP's Copper Alloy Ring and Pinion. I think thats about as strong as you can make stock TLT axle cases.

Last edited by Stormin2u; 03-16-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

rcp, all around. took all the slop of the rear and firmed up the front as well. with the msd top guns, makes it a solid little truck...
TRA3905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #20
Debunking old stereotypes

I just got the Hot Racing knuckles and C's since I didn't want to wait until the RCP ones were in stock. I haven't installed them yet, but just judging from the product pic's, it looks like the Hot Racing C's have the most clearance for different rims. The pic's could be deceiving though. I will find out soon I guess.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote