Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX-10 RTR, the same, but different.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default AX-10 RTR, the same, but different.

Well, after turning my first AX-10 (Kit version) into a scaler, Took my X-Trail for a run up the creek today. I thought I'd try the RTR this time.

I saw some of the rockracers people were building on RCC, and I thought the AX-10 RTR might be a decent start to one. Well, after about five minutes of bashing it on the rocks, I broke the servo. No big deal, I know if I played with it ruff, it would break.

I'm running it stock except for the servo (MG645) and internal spring in the shocks, and the front diff is locked. I tig wielded some 3/16" solid steel rod to make a roll cage for it. It ain't pretty, but at least I don't have the plastic body on the thing anymore.

With the 27 turn motor and 20 tooth pinion, it's pretty quick, and takes some finesse on the throttle to get it to crawl. It's been pretty fun trying to get it to crawl.

Stock ESC, radio, and motor
Hitec MG645 servo
Medium internal spring in the stock shocks.

Anyway, here's a pic and a little vid. I wanted to show people what a pretty much stock AX-10 RTR can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjjZGUUHGuA

I'm turning it into a more capable rockracer very soon.

I added the following to it

Mamba ESC
15 turn motor
8 cell 1500 Elite batteries

With the Mamba ESC in it, even using the 15 turn motor, the thing can crawler pretty well.

I'm waiting for the weather to dry up so I can get some video with the new setup.

Steve
Stburr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links