Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: double triangulated AX-10????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default double triangulated AX-10????

Please, can someone help me out with how double triangulation works? I would like to know so I know if it might work for me or not with my AX-10. I know that this was posted once before. (I had to do a copy & paste.) I tried doing a search for it and can not come up with any info about the set up itself.
I guess I just would like to learn about the pros and cons of setting my truck up this way.

Thanks guys.
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2008, 04:37 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

i like the double trianglation it seems to help with the torque twist and stops most of the axle steer, but i also feel you need to narrow the chassis down to 55mm to get the full benifit of how the mod works, hope this helps.
shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:45 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Your original post was moved to the newbie section. As others have said before try the search feature. It isn't a new idea(double triangulation)
here is something to start with. Anti Squat and Suspension Tech
Standard issue: Black/Green Bug Ax-10
jwcustomwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:49 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodblder View Post
Please, can someone help me out with how double triangulation works? I would like to know so I know if it might work for me or not with my AX-10. I know that this was posted once before. (I had to do a copy & paste.) I tried doing a search for it and can not come up with any info about the set up itself.
I guess I just would like to learn about the pros and cons of setting my truck up this way.

Thanks guys.
Also set it up and try it for yourself. There is nothing better than actually driving it yourself. Same applies to your shock setup. There isn't just one right answer. You also have to consider your terrain and driving style. In other words tune it/change it untill you are happy with it.Your gonna have 100 people with varying opinions on what is right. Self starters survive here. Spoon fed get sent to the newbie section.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

JW,
Just so you know you can be an ass. I was just asking a simple question and I never thought I would get treated like a baby.
Newb maybe but not a baby.
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:16 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodblder View Post
JW,
Just so you know you can be an ass. I was just asking a simple question and I never thought I would get treated like a baby.
Newb maybe but not a baby.
Yea you're right. My very public apology for being a jerk.
I do stand buy what I said about doing it yourself....there is nothing better than changing your rig and then going crawling. Test and tune.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:38 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I don't see JW being an ass at all. He even pointed you in the right direction. gee willy willickers.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
I don't see JW being an ass at all. He even pointed you in the right direction. gee willy willickers.
Appreciate the back up but I was outta line. He was decent in accepting my apology and seems like a cool cat JW

I don't want to run people off
Old 07-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I would love to try it on mine but it looks like the lower links would hit the drive shaft. Is the tranny spaced up some along with the narrowing of the chassis?
chops1sc is offline   Reply With Quote