Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Another Axial/Dorkstar Tuber.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #21

that is one bad ass tuber! AWESOME SCENIC SHOTS!!! where is this place located I see alaska, but obv alaska is huge... what town or whatnot would i search on google for spying down on your area! lol
kirktcashalini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Theres places like that everywhere! Now some company needs to invent some kind of snow track that works on snow for the rocks! Good job on the build Tre. Make sure you bring your "A game' cause Im bringing out a secret weapon. You Mom likes it aswell
ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy4life View Post
Nice AX10 man!!!! Got a link to the chassis?? Btw what's the wb with the stock chassis??
Thanks!
the chassis is a one of a kind i got it off here from a member. and it was built by another member. I'm not sure about the stock axial WB my wb on my rig is right at 12.5 inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirktcashalini View Post
that is one bad ass tuber! AWESOME SCENIC SHOTS!!! where is this place located I see alaska, but obv alaska is huge... what town or whatnot would i search on google for spying down on your area! lol
Thanks and the pictures were taken at Mchugh Creek outside of Anchorage Alaska. google earth doesnt zoom very far in up here for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRCC View Post
Theres places like that everywhere! Now some company needs to invent some kind of snow track that works on snow for the rocks! Good job on the build Tre. Make sure you bring your "A game' cause Im bringing out a secret weapon. You Mom likes it aswell
WHERE ARE THESE OTHER PLACES? lol i hate driveing 60 miles to the comp site. and lets see this secret weapon.... just because you got a lathe motor in ure vibe doesnt mean my mom swings that way.... lol

- tre

Last edited by akguanja; 08-06-2008 at 08:13 PM.
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #24
WVB
Quarry Creeper

This was just was I was searching for. Someone who was running a 50/50 shock setup. Droop up front and sprung in the rear... Curious how do you like this setup..? Are you running the spring on top of the piston since you flipped the shock..? Also what oil weight are you using..? Looks great btw..!
WVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:49 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

rig turned out awesome. glad the chassis went to someone who put it to good use
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVB View Post
This was just was I was searching for. Someone who was running a 50/50 shock setup. Droop up front and sprung in the rear... Curious how do you like this setup..? Are you running the spring on top of the piston since you flipped the shock..? Also what oil weight are you using..? Looks great btw..!
well. i only ran it full sprung for a bit and it was way to stiff up front so i decided to go w/ the 50/50 setup. and yes im running the spring on top of the piston. like i said before im running the stock highlift springs so my front is almost like 1/2 droop and 1/2 internal sprung cause the springs are only a inch or so long and i love how it handles compared to the stock setup. as far as oil im running 60wt up front and 35wt in the rears. i had to go w/ a firm spring in the left rear to keep the torqing down to a minimum. and im running soft on the right rear. (again im still learning any suggestions/comments from anyone appriciated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulzeye View Post
rig turned out awesome. glad the chassis went to someone who put it to good use
Thanks man. so what was the deal about all those diff foams in ure blackjack?

- tre

Last edited by akguanja; 08-09-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #27
RCC Addict

so ive managed to break a few things and instead of just replaceing ive upgraded stuff.

heres some stuff ive put on lately

MIP Center CVD Shafts - blew out the stockers.
Axial Universal (CVD's) joints up front. more turning radius?
changed the servo up front to a HXT12K from the crappy traxxas servo and
have a CKRC "Wiggle" Servo on its way.
Smiley Flip off beadlocks - Thanks Keith - Aka Mav-1981
ive recently cut my foams in the suggested star pattern. ( whats up w/ the foams bulzeye?)

anyways theres probably more im forgetting, its a endless money pit i swear.....

heres some recent pics.

- tre

Last edited by akguanja; 08-10-2008 at 01:48 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:03 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by akguanja View Post
Thanks man. so what was the deal about all those diff foams in ure blackjack?

- tre

the panther tires are bigger than all the other 2.2 tires currently out. the foams that come with them are very soft. on the fronts i stiffened up the sidewall by cutting up some stock axial foams and added a 1/4" slice to each sidewall. on the rears i just used 2 panther memory foams per wheel.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #29
RCC Addict

ah, i see cool good to know. i was thinking about getting some panthers for my rig actually didnt know they were that much larger of a tire. i thought it was some super secret or something lol.

-tre
Old 08-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
ah, i see cool good to know. i was thinking about getting some panthers for my rig actually didnt know they were that much larger of a tire.

-tre
you'd definately notice a difference if you went from those flat irons to the panthers. i would suggest either losi rock claws or the panthers over any of the proline stuff.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #31
RCC Addict

gross Tre, just gross. watch your EPAs... I cant wait to crawl all over that on the first course. nice MSD ignition sticker
Old 08-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Congrats on your 1st place win Tre! Shows what you can do when you know how to set up your rig and get in a lot of practice time. Close call on that output lol. damm you to hell btw...
Old 08-13-2008, 01:08 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Default My tuber takes First place at Alaskas Rockstock crawler competition.

Thanks Rocky. i couldnt have done it without help from you and everyone. and of course RCC ;D.

this rig handled better then i could have every expected. and thanks to bulzeye for the suggestion on getting the panthers i think they put me over the top!.

wait untill i actually have more foam in my tires... lol you better get that frame back so you can keep up. or should i say keep it on all fours.

My legs are super sore from spending 12 hours on those rocks... lol

- tre

Last edited by akguanja; 08-13-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:58 AM   #34
Who's your Daddy-0!

Man that looks a lot like a Edge chassis......
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:03 AM   #35
RCC Addict

ya it does. i agree. except im almost positive it was built before the edge chassis was released... lol ;D

im the 3rd owner.

- tre
Old 08-13-2008, 03:07 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
wait untill i actually have more foam in my tires...
- tre
now you understand why i have so much foam in mine
Old 08-13-2008, 03:11 AM   #37
RCC Addict

I think those new panther tires are pretty nice. It could use some stiffer foams though.... idk, Bruce and his GC-1 got a 2 gates and a rollover w/ 3 backups on the perfect run you made on #3. He was running panthers aswell. That #7 sticker you got prolly helped with weight or something lol. How much taller are those compared to the claws?
Old 08-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #38
RCC Addict

they are about 5.25 inches tall i switched the foams around a bit i went with a full size panther foam and 1/2 of a proline memory foam around the outside of that. and then a 1/4" wide 1/2" tall strip on the outside side wall.

we will see how well they do with the more foam this weekend.

- tre
Old 08-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #39
RCC Addict

okay so a little update here..

Tires:

i got my panters foams all tied down. a full panther foam in the rear squished inside a 1/2" proline memory foam with 1/2 inch strips added to the sidewalls for the rear tires. and for the fron im running a full panther foam and 1/2 inch proline strips in the sidewalls. this setup has taken a bit of trial and error but now works great awesome breakover traction on the fronts and stiff enough in the rear to keep from folding over when getting up on stuff. and the extra foam in the sidewalls emilinated the pisspoor sidehilling attributes of the panters.

3/4links
:
i have been recently breaking/snapping out the stock plastic and CNC upgraded axial upper 3 links so i installed a Dinky RC Rear axial dinky link onto my rig and fixxed the rear problems compleatly. no more snapping or breaking althoe i did manage to fold a bottom bent link almost in 1/2 on a 15ft or so cliff fall lol, guess something has to give eh? lol matt over at Dinky RC is going to hook me up with a 4 link for this rig in the front hopefully that will fix the front 3 link problems and keep almost the same link setup.

Tranny / Driveline
i managed to blow out the stock axial output shafts after installing the mip's so i upgraded those to hardend ones.

other then that she seems to be setup spot on.

heres some pics of my last outing and a video link here.

- tre