Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: stock ax-10, now what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

I would also like to add that putting some bent lower links on will help if you haven't already...

that and a 4-link front and back will help out your suspension alot! How does the suspension react over the rocks... too slow for you? to fast? I found that the springs that come with the truck are too hard. I would suggest leaving the stock hard springs out back to fight the torque twist, and put some softer ones up front. Mounting your lower links inboard on the skid helps alot too.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

I got the kit and been running it stock since december. I ordered the 4 link plates and waiting for the swx chassis to come in stock on tcs.
JBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBennett View Post
I got the kit and been running it stock since december. I ordered the 4 link plates and waiting for the swx chassis to come in stock on tcs.
cool. you will enjoy the 4-link

Do you plan on getting some new tires? Let me know if you need anything that is used... I have a bunch of stuff!
Old 03-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

i will probably keep messing around with the stock tires until I go to a comp or something. where would I get the lower bent links?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i will probably keep messing around with the stock tires until I go to a comp or something. where would I get the lower bent links?

Chris at the Chop Shop has them. I have some that I would just give you, but they are for a chassis that is longer than the stock chassis.

The cheapest way to do it would be to find a pic of how the bent links come, then get a hold of a brake line bender and try to get yours to look like that.

axials

other brands will bend them in the middle, but the majority of people use the ones like above.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

I just put together my swx chassis with front and rear 4-links. I still have the stock shocks but will probably get the losi shocks sometime.
Do I have to get new driveshafts because the stock ones are pinched over the skid plate or do I have to do something else to fix that?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I just put together my swx chassis with front and rear 4-links. I still have the stock shocks but will probably get the losi shocks sometime.
Do I have to get new driveshafts because the stock ones are pinched over the skid plate or do I have to do something else to fix that?
can to take a pic of your setup? You may need to clock your axles a bit to get it to work.

search through this and see what you find...

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/searc...earchid=326768
Old 03-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Old 03-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

I would try to mount your uppers differently (maybe on top of the servo plate, or on the bottom of it) or maybe even try some longer rod ends? I'm thinking if you were to tilt your axles away from the chassis a bit, and maybe even limiting your shocks would fix the clearance issue.

Does the shaft clear your skid when you compress the shocks? If so, I would limit your shocks by putting some hard fuel tubing or some spacers to get it low enough. By the way... what kind of clearance (with the wheels mounted) do you have underneath that skid?

I would also look around to see if anyone else has had this issue.. I think this may be due to your long shocks though. YOu may want to ask a SWX driver. I'm a CDW driver
Old 03-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

i have to compress it about 1/4 inch to clear the driveshaft.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i have to compress it about 1/4 inch to clear the driveshaft.

then limit your shocks by 1/4 or more and you should be good to go
Old 03-19-2009, 03:29 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I picked up a Tekin FX-R and 55 turn motor combo, and I'd say that was one of the best big ticket upgrades I've done. Having smooth acceleration, one touch reverse, and a perfect brake are wayyyy to good.
Mayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
What you really need to do is use the search button, and look at the build threads to determine what you want to do. There are many things you can do now with your AX10 that cost little, or you can spend thousands and have a full blown comp build. Search and learn, then decide.

bingo!!! i first upgrades were shocks, got softers for the front and mediums for the rear but then one week later i went droop...go figure.
minor_threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

so.. what's next for this thing? Did you get those shocks in yet?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

i went to drop shocks and did 4 link on mine. i have had mine a week and loving it the next thing will be tires. also add some weight to the tires. i used the stick on wheel weights.
brushlessemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

brushlessemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote