Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

View Poll Results: what chassis to get
SWX 42 62.69%
sling shot 25 37.31%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: swx or slingshot ????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 05:04 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

8.25"
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Thank you Jeremy!
sgtsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_kanaka View Post
I voted for the SlingShot.

No offense, but I view the SWX as a revamp of the stock chassis with some major improvement. Most major of those improvements being narrower and more setup options. There was a lot of time and engineering put into the development of the SWX, but I feel that a majority of that effort was to make it a bolt on product.

The SlingShot chassis has amazed me. The curved skid plate is freaking brilliant! When properly setup, I'd be sufficed to say that the SlingShot chassis might very well have the best break over ability. It is an extremely well taught out design. After the installation of all your components, you'll find that the openings on the chassis allow for easy access with tools for tuning or replacing parts. This feature in it's self was a shock to discover.

There are many things to consider thou.... For example, the SlingShot is a wider chassis. So if you're driving style requires a narrower chassis then I would recommend choosing the SWX. Also, you'd likely need shocks, which are different from stock, for the slingshot.

Good luck with your choice. One guarantee is that either chassis will be an improvement from the stock setup.
I agree with crazy_kanaka. I don't have either chassis but I'm getting ready to upgrade soon and I like SWX and have not seen a slinshot in person but the SWX does seem like a revamp of the stock chassis. Now it seems you would incounter less suprises setting up the swx but I feel with some more modes on my stock AX chassis I would get it close to the swx. At leat cloase enough to not spend that extra cash on a simular chassis. What I don't like is the trouble of getting things from DNA. In the long run I'm sure I'll end up with one of each but I will probably go with the DNA first. One thing if I get a SWX and a DNA I'm going to try and set them up with the same motor, esc, servo, Dig and so fourth and so on to really run them side by side and see what chassis does better for me and were I live.
werewolf1983 is offline   Reply With Quote