Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My New/Used Axial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My New/Used Axial

I did a little trading the other day and finally got myself a crawler. I don't have a clue what is on it so if you can help me figure it out, I would appreciate it. I know it has a Rooster and a Integy 55t. Other than that, who knows.

It has four wheel steering. Don't have enough experience yet to know if I like it or not. Going to order some Cougars four it and replace the drive shafts. Bought a new Proline Rockstar body for it. Other than that, what does it need?

The school where I teach has a huge pile of rocks that are slowly being relocated to my house. The rock garden build starts tonight.
h2daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

wow thats alot of aluminum! other then tires its looks like it should be a good set up for you for quite a while. i would consider witching that 3 link to a proper 4 link tho. keep in mind if u wanna comp that rear steer isnt allowed .
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Good looking rig. What drive shafts are you going to go with?
awd199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Default Cool

That is a good looking rig. It seems to have everything you need and then some. I don't know what you gave up for this, but you did get a truck with alot of quality parts.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Looks like lots of Integy parts. Im not a big fan of those as my experience with their parts was less then satisfactory. I would check to see what lockers and gears are in the axles. If they are the crap stock aluminum lockers and r&p I would change those out as they will strip. Also not a big fan of rear steer. Mainly cause its not comp legal. All in all though it is a nice rig .
HiloDB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by awd199 View Post
Good looking rig. What drive shafts are you going to go with?
I am open to suggestions. I don't have a clue. These are stock and they keep falling off. The set screw doesn't seem to be holding them on. This thing is way too shiny for my likings. As far as the rear steering goes, I know it is not for comps. I don't know that I will ever get to one. I just don't like the way it looks. A real truck doesn't do that. I don't think a toy one should either. Just not sure what parts I need to turn it back into front steer only. Just got in from trying to piece together a small rock course for testing. This is going to be a lot of fun.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

If anybody could tell me what I need to turn it back into front steer and a link to the actual parts, I would appreciate it. The more that I look at it, I really don't like all that crap on the back axle.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #8

i recon leave the rear steering. lots of 1:1 rigs in Australia have it. here is my mates landy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1t2e...eature=related
Crawler_from_Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2daddy View Post
If anybody could tell me what I need to turn it back into front steer and a link to the actual parts, I would appreciate it. The more that I look at it, I really don't like all that crap on the back axle.
Get the Axial rear lockout kit. That will eliminate the axle c's and the knuckles. I would go with the plastic lockouts. I got the aluminum ones on my rig now and I think the plastic ones would have been a better choice.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiloDB1 View Post
Get the Axial rear lockout kit. That will eliminate the axle c's and the knuckles. I would go with the plastic lockouts. I got the aluminum ones on my rig now and I think the plastic ones would have been a better choice.
This will turn it back into front steer only?
Old 04-16-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Yup that will get rid of the rear steer and give you some extra clearance on the axle. Then you can ditch the second servo or use it for dig .
Old 04-17-2009, 02:02 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Pull that rear servo off and slap these on there...
http://www.hot-racing.com/?partnumber=SCP56L01&c=420
I run these on my rig and they work great, low profile too, I dont think I have ever hung up on them.
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:42 AM   #13

Quote:
Don't have enough experience yet to know if I like it or not.

The school where I teach has a huge pile of rocks that are slowly being relocated to my house. The rock garden build starts tonight.
Dont worry, you will get addicted soon.
Its an awesome hobby and with a car like this you dont need to spend any more money to crawl
Unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimog View Post
Dont worry, you will get addicted soon.
Its an awesome hobby and with a car like this you dont need to spend any more money to crawl
Trust me, I am addicted to crawling. I am not sure I like the rear wheel steering. I have made up my mind to get rid of it. I would like to visit some local comps and since rear steering is a no-no, it has to go. I am so addicted, I am even thinking of giving in to my wife. She said I can build a rock garden as long as she gets a small pond. Another load of rocks is going home with me today.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #15
RCC Addict

I'm addicted to crawling & bringing rocks home...i keep telling my wife no more rocks for my course, but i keep bringing them home
hint: bring home wood pallets and stack them 3 to 4 high, then place rocks on top of them. bring home 50 gallon drums, throw rocks on
them
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I like the MIP's. I have a set with almost a year on them w/no problems. I have these on the rear of both my rigs..... http://www.rcpcrawlers.com/product.p...&cat=29&page=1.

A pic of the lockouts on my Edge.
awd199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #17
RCC Addict

wat kinda battery are you running? i like how small it is... got any better pics? and is that another battery on the rear axle? sweet looking rig by the way!!!
IDnewcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #18

what chassis is that?
bigoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoggy View Post
what chassis is that?
Integy
Old 04-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #20
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Rear steer rocks! I love it. Comps are over rated...wait in line to run the course...run for 5 min's...repeat. What did you trade for that AX10? put some lock tight on the drive shafts and they will never come off.

Last edited by grimgard; 04-17-2009 at 01:21 PM.
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote