Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: RcBros BrokeCam DNA SSS Proto

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 01:18 AM   #41
TSK
Shelf queen

160* does sound really hot... but running 9V to it is probably part of it. Maybe you should try turning down your BEC little by little until you can run the minimum BEC voltage necessary for everything to work.

Last edited by TSK; 07-08-2009 at 11:25 AM.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #42
Keep it real

Ya, that's way too hot, it won't last long at those temps I would say. First things first, are your endpoints set correctly? Any binding in the linkage/steering assembly? Now, the higher voltage input is going to make it run hotter than normal for sure.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #43
RcBros Hobbies

Thats what I was afraid off. Just annoying you got to unsolder the BEC each time just to change a setting. *bangs head on wall* lol. I'm on call this week so guess that gives me something to do while i'm stuck at home
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #44
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
Thats what I was afraid off. Just annoying you got to unsolder the BEC each time just to change a setting. *bangs head on wall* lol. I'm on call this week so guess that gives me something to do while i'm stuck at home

I think you should contact Castle and tell them to come up with a updated version that would have say, another plug just for tuning.... Then when they put it into production, have them cut you a check, and I'll take 50%
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #45
MODERATOR™

Wait, you're running 9 volts to a 780?

The thing does 423 ounces @ 6 volts!
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #46
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Wait, you're running 9 volts to a 780?

The thing does 423 ounces @ 6 volts!
When I at set at 6V I was having issues with the electronics. They wanted to draw more power then what they were allowed. this caused the servo to rob power from another slot giving me some crazy interference issues.

Ex: If I steering eratically left to right, my throttle would suddenly engage for a second.

After I upped the voltage it went away. From what I've been told by setting it at 9V your not pumping 9V into the servo, instead your allowing the servo to use 9V if it needed too.. Am I being mislead?
Old 07-08-2009, 10:36 PM   #47
Hateraide

From what i understand is w.e you have your bec set to that is how much power is allowed through to your servo, someone might be able to clear that up more but i beleive thats how it work
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #48
RcBros Hobbies

Well, I haven't ran it for awhile, nor have I changed my BEC Settings, but I did do a complete tear down to relube, clean and look for any pre-mature breakage issues. These Axial CVD's have some seriously nasty slop. I've never seen anything with so much slop and I can't recall them having them when they were new but I never paid attention till now. Do you guys find yourselfs replacing them after some time due to wear or is this slop normal?
Old 07-17-2009, 05:46 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

The CVD's are a liability. They should not have any slop. Check this tread for all you never wanted to know about the CVD's.

Broke Axial CVD
K Riccardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #50
RcBros Hobbies

for sale http://www.rcbros.com/forum/forum_po...?TID=6770&PN=1
Old 08-27-2009, 08:40 PM   #51

Exclamation

is it plastic if so why pay 100$$ imp
slayer 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 PM   #52
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer 88 View Post
is it plastic if so why pay 100$$ imp
Ouch, thats like calling a real rc a tyco..

The SSS chassis is more then just plastic, it eliminates the use of shocks and allows you to tune your crawlers suspension by moving your links into different locations. Being made out of delin (not to be confused with ordinary plastic) its relatively strong, yet slick allowing you to slide across the rocks and its slighter then most options out there.

Its one sweet chassis
Old 08-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #53

ya was going to order it but wow how long tell it is going to brake
Old 08-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
you should be able to make adjustments to your CC BEC while its all soldered up just plug in your battery and plug the BEC into your castle link. works every time for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer 88 View Post
ya was going to order it but wow how long tell it is going to brake
if you are nice to it it will last a long time... and if you will be beating the crap out of it at comps it will still last you a long time. as stated before the SSS is no rat shack rc plastic tub chassis. it is made out of derlin which is very strong, flexible, and slick. i do believe that in some cases it is comparable to steel. (correct me if i am wrong)
jeepcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:10 PM   #55

well ok still wondering how plastic cost 100 bucks but i guess no one hase had problums
Old 08-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #56
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Sure, I broke a side plate in a few days, but it's been replaced and the chassis is doing good, even after a few weeks of good thrash sessions. Your not just paying for "plastic" your also paying for the hours of design, prototyping, and testing. Of course, you could just buy some plastic and copy the chassis, but will it work the first time? The second? How long will it take you to make it? Will you use a CNC machine? Hacksaw and files? You'll start finding out how much the chassis is worth when you run it.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #57

okok