Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: wheels wont lock on incline?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Nope....the only places (that I know of) that sell those Cobalt motors are Astro Flight and Holmes Hobbies.

Yes, if you add a brushless motor, you need to change the setting on your ESC to "brushless". However, those brushless motors will have WAY less drag than a brushed motor. The brushes are a major component in creating drag in the motor.
ok cool! ill look them up in a few. quick question tho, from what i posted about the way my rig doesnt have that pop when i pull and release trigger quickly, does it sound like a motor problem? im just not sure what it could be, since im new to crawling in all.

thanks
lildjloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2009, 10:01 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

It could be. The brushes might be worn and not making good contact with the commutator.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

well you know sometimes it will catch and responed quickly but the majority of the time its really slow to react to the trigger being pulled and released quickly.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Yep, that sounds like a brush problem. How old is the motor? Have you ever replaced the brushes??
Old 05-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #25
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Yep, that sounds like a brush problem. How old is the motor? Have you ever replaced the brushes??

no more then 2 months old. i never replaced brushes. dont even know how too. would it be cheaper to buy new motor that will last longer or just replace these brushes like u said?

thanks
Old 05-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Well, it wouldnt hurt to repalce the brushes. They are pretty cheap.....~$5 for a pair at the local hobby shop....and will only require a phillips screwdriver to undo one screw (per brush). Here's a good website with information on how to rebuild a motor:
http://www.motortuningsecrets.com/tunestockmotor.html

Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see the info on how to remove and replace the motor.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #27

Default my 2 cents

personally i would learn more about brushed motors before going brushless just so you understand why need brushless.otherwise you wont know if its worth it or not .driving style also effects the wear on brushes,it is really cheap to replace brushes and easy to do regular maintenance.hope this helps
Thunder9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:28 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Not to highjack this tread but my sidewinder won't hold either (rolls to stop on flat ground and just rolls down about any down hill). I have the drag brake at 100%, 0 push, tried the brake at 0 and 100% with no difference. Same thing with 55 intergy and 45 tekin, both on 3s. My fxr/500 puller on 3s flat locks up anywhere but it's running a r2d (low gears).
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
Same thing with 55 intergy and 45 tekin, both on 3s. My fxr/500 puller on 3s flat locks up anywhere but it's running a r2d (low gears).
The magnets in the Puller motors are MUCH stronger than those Integy magnets....they will provide a lot more drag in the motor....