Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Longer upper links

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #1

Default Longer upper links

Has anyone replaced the stock upper links with longer ones like in the article here? http://www.rccrawler.com/axialcompbuild.html

I've searched but found nothing. How does this work? In the article they use 70mm links for the uppers, but they are also using a 3-link, how long of a link do I need if I'm running a 4-link? It looks like they could have used longer than a 70mm link since they had to use a spacer on the 3-link connector.
AK-Maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
Suck it up!

Measure from where the link attaches to the chassis to where it attaches to the axle. Subract the lenths of the rod ends (from center of the eye to the end) and that is your link lenth.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I have done this on my Axial with VP chassi. My rear uppers are 113mm including rod ends and front rod ends on upper rears are mounted very low in the chassi. 4-linked of course..
Works great for me..
BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Make sure you allow for a little adjustment, the upper link length affects pinion angle. Too low (or too high) on the pinion can cause problems. And check that through the full range of axle vertical travel to make sure it stays within reason.

I removed one of the link ends and replaced the threaded part with longer lengths of 3mm all thread, with a plain nut on there, and screwed them back in. Now I can just loosen the nut and turn them to adjust the length, lock the position with the plain nut. So easy.

Cheers.
Terranaut is offline   Reply With Quote