Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: What ESC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
Well I went and got the FXR today just need to get the hot link now seems as that would be the easest way to program it.SO im new to the whole Lipo thing and i was thinking of running 3s with my stock ax10 55turn and stock tranny. is there anything else i would need to run that like is a BEC needed?
You wont be disappointed with that FXR. I have on on 3s and a 35t HH Handwound. For bec that really depends on what servo you are running. I have a Hitec 7950th that runs on 7.4v, so I have to run a bec. If you run the stock servo you probably won't need a bec. The FXR has an internal 6v bec. Oh and be sure to get a quality motor. The FXR has a good drag break, but if you get a good motor it is alot better.
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayze View Post
Good choice! You will NOT be dissapointed! You can reasonably easily program everything with the buttons on the FXR. I have mine on 3s, and the drag brake set just like I like it, and that's all I've used. I would recommend a BEC, for sure! It is definitely an asset. Other than that, you don't need anything else. Just get an HH 35t handwound, when you can. Great upgrade! I also have a spare 10t puller kickin' around, if you are interested.
So you only have to set the drag brake and its goood to go/ Do i need to do anything to run 3s?
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
The two I really like are the Tekin FXR and the Holmes Hobbies BR-XL.
X2 for the Tekin FXR, very small footprint, lightweight, works great, never gets hot, easy to program. Never used the HH esc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayze View Post
Tekin FX-R for sure! It is silky smooth, and very easy to use/setup. The drag brake is great. Plus, you can run 3s on it. I'm running mine on 3s, with a Holmes Hobbies 35t handwound. Kickass setup!
YES>

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
Another vote for a Novak Rooster Crawler. It's specifically designed for crawling, and has a great drag brake.

Out of curiosity, has anyone run Mamba Max or Max Pro on a crawler? How well did it work out? I happen to have an extra one sitting around, and might use it to upgrade from the RTR ESC on another crawler.
Meh, side by side FXR is way smoother than Novak...insanely slow wheelspeed and no cogging or hesitation with my FXR.

Mamba Monster is great in my Slash 4x4...but big and heavy compared to crawler specific esc.

Last edited by Natedog; 09-07-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
So you only have to set the drag brake and its goood to go/ Do i need to do anything to run 3s?

Thats it. FXR and your good to go for 3s. You will need to run a 35t or higher per Tekin specs, but thats what you should be running in a crawler anyways.
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #25
Tossin' Salad

Sometimes I run 4S on my rigs, just for the extra kick in the ass. That is why both of my rigs run the HH BR-XL.
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by version_three View Post
but I'm sure there are methods on here for waterproofing any of em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_lQX...eature=channel
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:34 AM   #27

Default ESCs

I've ran the fxr and the Mamba max pro in my crawler. Rs in my oval car. I think the Mamba is a little easier to program with castle link (hot wire seems a little finicky), BUT..., could not get the Mamba to program full throttle to my Spektrum DX3R. Contacted Castle, they have had some issues with the firmware on this radio. Mamba can still be used -just turn everything on and let esc find neutral. All works well. I don't think there is any issue in crawler use, but could be losing some performance in other applications, if trying to use a Spektrum radio. Any one else ran into this?
nitroburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:42 AM   #28

We have a fx-r and love it no issues for the last 3 years
jlewis789 is offline   Reply With Quote