Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Here is my story

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
Looks really good Shizzz. ....
Good to see another bodyless AX10 in Europe though!!
Well, the narrower body the easier to squeeeeze through the holes and piles, i believe.
I think you can fit the dig even in a narrow cage. I've seen some ppl here are even pushing in the DNA and other crap in their FB, so that shouldn't be a problem.
BTA is a great thing. Gives you the possibility to attack with the angles which you couldn't before.
For example u have a rock lieing like this >. With BTA you will be fine. Without, you'll have to invent a method to climb it at a certain angle.
Once you install it - you will never look back and will have no worries about bent steering rod And don't believe those who sais opposite lol.

And i really miss that feel of competitions you guys have out there. I feel the need for all those comps and challenges. I wish we had them here, but we are only a few ppl.
Nevertheless, i hope some day.....
And, Dasher, thanks for the Europe we don't have a right to pretend to be a part of, but thanks a lot
shizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #82
Croakin' across the pond!

Hey, of course you're a part of Europe - we're certainly a part of the Uktaine - there's been atoms here since they arrived on the wind in1986!!! - More importantly you play in the Champions League so you must be in Europe - I saw Dynamo at Old Trafford against the mighty Manchester United back in '07- The Rooney/ Ronaldo show - our American friends will struggle with that one!

Seriously though - you've got me considering BTA on at least the non-Dig build - have you kept the Axial one or did you go Vanquish? - I have the same problem as you when it comes to Vanquish / EEm/TCS etc in that the shipping and customs from the USA just kills the deal. Hong Kong's good though - should be OK for you too.

Check out wizzair - sometimes they have really cheap flights - the comps are often posted on rc crawling.co.uk
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzz View Post
Well, the narrower body the easier to squeeeeze through the holes and piles, i believe.
I think you can fit the dig even in a narrow cage. I've seen some ppl here are even pushing in the DNA and other crap in their FB, so that shouldn't be a problem.
BTA is a great thing. Gives you the possibility to attack with the angles which you couldn't before.
For example u have a rock lieing like this >. With BTA you will be fine. Without, you'll have to invent a method to climb it at a certain angle.
Once you install it - you will never look back and will have no worries about bent steering rod And don't believe those who sais opposite lol.

And i really miss that feel of competitions you guys have out there. I feel the need for all those comps and challenges. I wish we had them here, but we are only a few ppl.
Nevertheless, i hope some day.....
And, Dasher, thanks for the Europe we don't have a right to pretend to be a part of, but thanks a lot
You only need a few people for a comp, our local group is generally 5 people We adhere strictly to USRCCA rules and use it as a training ground for our State series and national comps.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:59 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

once in a while we were really proud of Dynamo Kiev! Not like now. Could be much better. Oh, old times, when i was a kid and we were still kicking asses
A friend of mine, was one of the top players in USSR times. He was a blast in a field those times. He is now training juniors or smth like that.

Certainly whizzair is a best solutions, you can fly with them to Crimea ;) cheaper than you buy a train ticket lol
But how bout getting visa to UK, man for mortals?
Think it's a bit difficult. I know that, coz i used to work in consulate in Shanghai, and you know, those chinese guys are everywhere. I like them very much, their culture is unique and is so damn attractive, but for them it was an issue to get a visa
We are of course more stable, have biz here and all is good, but we are potential immigrants lol especially these hard times

BTW we are only 3 ppl running rigs here in Kiev. There are two more in different parts of the country, but as experience shows, even the guys with flyers and buggies which we have a lot do not gathers together much. Even they have an event it's not more than 10-15 ppl. This is said for the country where the fraternity feel is used to be one of the strongest (referring to slavonic culture at least)
State and Nats does really sound cool
Old 02-18-2011, 12:10 AM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
Seriously though - you've got me considering BTA on at least the non-Dig build - have you kept the Axial one or did you go Vanquish? - I have the same problem as you when it comes to Vanquish / EEm/TCS etc in that the shipping and customs from the USA just kills the deal. Hong Kong's good though - should be OK for you too......
I keep axial bta set. I was about buying vp knuckles, but the shop didn't have enough hardware, so they offered me axial set including knuckles. Great kit tho.. As far as my friend does not want spend another 100 bucks on dig, i decided to run without it. In any case shafties are for sportsman class and you have no chances in another class. So the best solution is to exercise in driving without dig for now. Once you jump to the moa, you will have this tweak and it will be just easier for you.
Is the same, like you are riding bmx and you are good with it, and then you go with mtb. You have really good control skills so you can do all that 180ies and truckdrivers easier than if you start with mtb first.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:37 AM   #86
Croakin' across the pond!

Thanks Shizzz, as the Axial works then I'll probably go with it as it's available in the UK - well more available than Vanquish are.

Yeh, I saw the bikes in your earlier post, I've done a fair amount of mtb racing but more enduro now and mtb orienteering as getting older is a bit like getting a shafty, you become uncompetitive but can't trade up! I've ridden Cannondales for 25 yrs - trying hard to get the rear bushes for my 03 Scalpel at the moment - they're more difficult to find than Vanquish parts!! - Looks like Germany's the only place with them but they're sooooo expensive!
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #87
Quarry Creeper

Gotcha!

Who can tell me is robitronics or racers edge any good?

Last edited by shizzz; 02-22-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:45 AM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Got my goodies recently
Now we have tekin 45+fxr combo, losi shocks, ccbec(still need to reprogram it )
Went for a drivem but i am completely disappointed :( Just before the change it was driving just how i like. Now this is unstopable beast
Shock travel is too much, i believe. I have to admitt i really can't control the beast - too fast and too nervous hmmm..... Have to pass the license exam from the very begining. The only good thing i felt how capable is the rig now. So... have a lot of things to do. The other problem is i have to cover 100 km at least to test it and then go back home
Anyway, here are some pics

Old 04-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #89
RCC Addict

Wait who gave Fastbacks flying lessons

Looking super capable! I have found its almost better to have less articulation {to a point} than to much. I like at most 4" of lift/tire, it all depends on the terrain though

PS: LOVE the signature
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:07 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Small update.
Finally, found some time to have some fun on the rocks.
The same training "facility" lol
15 mins and i got troubles with servo, which were turning right by itself. In another 15 mins found out a lost m2 screw from the servo horn, that made this freaking effect.
In two words, now there are only 3 places i can't pass, - 2 uphills and one sidehill.
I've learned how to drive my new rig and was really surprized why i failed last time....
The experience is something really odd thing
Old 08-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Programmed my cc bec to 6v and today my servo died, damn.
It was claimed to work out 220 oz on 6V.
Cheap stuff is a cheap stuff. It lasted only two packs in 6V
Old 08-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

WoW this thing has came along way! Good work.
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #93
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzz View Post

I LOVE this picture
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Juan. One of my favorite as well
True Fastback Flyer
Made a trephination to my servo today. The problem seems to be in a cover. There was an inside small plastic ring holding the middle gear. It was.... Now it is brutally stripped out and can't hold the gear. That was the reason of the malfunction. I'm thinking to get a stock servo and just change the top cover. Still am not sure it will fit....
Meanwhile downgraded to my previous hextronic servo and everything came back in place.
Time to drive tomorrow
Old 12-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Here is my story

It's cold outside and i am sitting in a workshop waiting for my new wheels
Meanwhile, as was nothing to do, so i kept busy with a sort of weights

Just a mock up. now, need to put rings and find a test wheel. Pretty simple, not as beatiful as VPs or Eric's weights, but damn cheap .
I wish i had a mill
Old 01-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #96
Quarry Creeper

Default Haha :)

What could it be?

Been inspired by Eric's extremely simple design, i decided to use some easily accessible stuff to make some improvements on my truck width. Not as beautiful, not too many options, not so light, but:
1. The rig is now as wide as i need it to be.
2. I'm still able to use home brew knuckle weight system.
3. I can easily adjust wheel weights.
4. It is cheap and you don't need too much tools for it

Here is just a mock up, comparing to stock xr10 width. Nothing is sitting tight, but once tightened it is all the way straight and right

Last edited by shizzz; 01-23-2012 at 11:01 AM.