Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Anyone built a custom BTA setup?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapotaco View Post
how is it supposed to pivot with it screwed right to the knuckles like that?
i cant get mine to work right, i am running the rc4wd aluminum knuckles but they arent high steer and the knuckles are visibly towed in bad with it bolted tight, do you have to have high steer to use this set up? i didnt get the vp only version but the standard version...? and would the 2 position knuckles affect things at all?
so any of you have an idea why this isnt working for me? i tried a few more things today but it seems these knuckles will not work with this set up...?
next set up will be jones bta tie rod and vanquish knuckles for my comp rig, i bought this for my basher rig and i guess i have to buy more knuckles now too if i actually want to use it
guapotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeDreams View Post
Check out my sporty build... I have some detailed pics in ther of my bta. Custom plate by Duuuuuude, threaded rod tie rod with 2 small bends, an easy drag link with a revo and jato link with a short threaded rod (those longer screws with the head in the screw not like a standard screw... know what I mean... same thing you make links with) between them, and VP zero ackerman knuckles! I get full throw from a 300 axle so I know it works good! 50 degrees! The double sided one you were talking about is from felsenfest or egressor on here. Cool stuff! I run his locker! Super tight!
it looks like you have flange pipes in there, is that how these are suppose to run? no info on how to set these up at all...but i for sure know these knuckles arent going to work, it doesnt work on stock knuckles either, just tried them and toes it out bad, guess this LD kit really is only for high steer knuckles but it doesnt say that anywhere that i've seen, i can only assume these are hd stock replacements, i cant rememebr what they were and it looks like rc4wd only makes one version now(non clock version) so i couldn't get the specs on these ones, they look the same as stock( arm is in center) just beefed up
guapotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Here is a link to my thread with a home made BTA.
Rowdy's gc-3a
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote