Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Ugc fastback+usrcca rules interpretation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 09:28 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Other than the fact that this thing looks like it's been through a war zone, it's easily one of, if not the most tweaked and tested Fastbacks out there. I would go with how DickyT did his, protect your motor and curve the side panel over it. Making the panels wide at the bottom negates the benefit of the skid being narrow.

Interested in seeing what you decide on...good luck
I agree with you on the wide side panels, im reworking them as we speak. Big thanks to everyone that jumped in on this and gave input, I wouldn't know half of what I do if it weren't for good folks like the ones on this forum.
day215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Ok, after a brief redesign of the panel shape, a change in pinion size, a shave of the motor plate and a lot of cursing, I think I'm onto something. I picked up some. 030 lexan and laid it over my existing plastic panels, with the change in pinion size and motor plate trim, they lay down nicely now, no gaps. Until I can scrounge up some coin to have some inside skinz made, I made up some of my own. Thanks to all who offered up suggestions.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

nice work, i'm diggin the new panels
version_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Panels look great! nice work
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Your panels look great
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Awesome graphics
See u'r using flysky radio
shizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #27
RCC Addict

By dropping the pinion, if you get to much wheelspeed and no low end you can still drop your spur and get back to the good without compromising motor placement. Looks good. Next challenge should you choose to accept is to get the electronics as low as possible on that bad boy and get your COG as low as it can go!
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
By dropping the pinion, if you get to much wheelspeed and no low end you can still drop your spur and get back to the good without compromising motor placement. Looks good. Next challenge should you choose to accept is to get the electronics as low as possible on that bad boy and get your COG as low as it can go!
Smaller pinion = less wheelspeed, more torque.

Smaller spur = more wheelspeed, less torque.

Vice versa for both
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #29
No idea what I'm doing

Looks Great!! Cool idea on making the panels.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys thanks for all the great feedback! She's so pretty that I think I'll stick her on a shelf and call my time in this hobby a wrap............ppssshhhhhhhhhhh yeah right. I'm going to flog the hell out of this thing, break it and build it again.

As far as the electronics suggestion, I don't think I can get them much lower. The esc is on the rear links, the lipo on the front axel, the dig servo is staying where it is and the receiver weighs next to nothing. I may try a shorter shock at some point, but at this point the chassis has seem a pack at most, still tuning.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
You can form lexan with a heat gun That being said I never had issues with mine and the bulge and when I sold it to Irok22s the panels were pretty thrashed looking.

Ya they are still thrashed looking.... I cut some new ones but havent installed them yet. The motor side bulges out a little bit but not too bad. On my new panels I just cut, I made them similar to What BillJ did on his fastback. I made them longer on the bottom and use the front skid screw to hold it on and a zip tie in the back. I also trimmed the motor plate. With my HH 35t and 15t or 16t pinion it doesnt "bulge" put too bad. maybe just enough to notice.
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by irok22s View Post
Ya they are still thrashed looking.... I cut some new ones but havent installed them yet. The motor side bulges out a little bit but not too bad. On my new panels I just cut, I made them similar to What BillJ did on his fastback. I made them longer on the bottom and use the front skid screw to hold it on and a zip tie in the back. I also trimmed the motor plate. With my HH 35t and 15t or 16t pinion it doesnt "bulge" put too bad. maybe just enough to notice.
Yes, my " bulge" is just enough to notice too!

Last edited by day215; 01-17-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by day215 View Post
Yes, my " bulge" is just enough to notice too!
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Oh, dont sell yourself short. you can always get stuff lower. Try mounting your rx on the underside of the dig servo. You could also try and squeeze your rx under your battery tray up front.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Oh, dont sell yourself short. you can always get stuff lower. Try mounting your rx on the underside of the dig servo. You could also try and squeeze your rx under your battery tray up front.
The underside of the battery tray was my first thought, but I didn't like all the wiring running out the front of the chassis. I also mess around with the castle link software on my esc, I need easy access to the esc and BEC leads, this is why I located it on the side of the servo as opposed to the bottom. Your comment has me brain storming though

Last edited by day215; 01-17-2011 at 09:13 PM.