Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Tcs Eclipse!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #1

Default Tcs Eclipse!

Just thought id post a couple pics of my new eclipse chassis, so far I love this thing. It looks great and the droop setup is awesome.
I cant wait to get it on some rocks.

Let me know what you think.
BigChevy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #2

Oh and I want to put a colbalt puller in it.
If I bought this combo in a 7t would it fit on my tranny and clear the chassis?

http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...2&cat=4&page=1

Thanks
Old 06-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Looks good, I would move you lower links inboard and 4-link for the uppers.
forbid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:19 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbid89 View Post
Looks good, I would move you lower links inboard and 4-link for the uppers.

X2,you will have to cut 4 notches in the skidplate to allow room for the links and for sure ditch the y-liks and pick up a 4 link plate like bender customes or VanquishPoducts for the front/rear and you will feel a world of difference.

Besides that it looks tits bro!

I almost got that chassis ,it was between the eclipse,SWX and the poison dart.went with the poison dartit just looks too darn trick.

cant wait to see how your rig progresses,whats your plan with the build? i.e. building just for shits n giggles around the yard or gonna try and compete?

that motor/speedo combo looks like a defective part breaker,i can guarantee if you jump into gettin that your gonna go threw the whole list of the parts to replace with beef cake parts so be prepared to dissassemble frenquently.
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #5

Thanks yall, Ill have to move the lowers in and look into the 4 link plates. As of right now im not planning on competing just playing around in the backyard after work and playing on some rocks on the weekends.
I know I could get into to trouble with the motor but im not an aggressive driver if i think im going to break something. I just want a lot of wheel speed and keep all the tourqe and that seems like the best combo from what ive read around here.
I just wasent sure it it would bolt up to my trans and clear my chassis.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

that is a good question,im sure other eclipse owners might wanna know the same.

ive been in the same pickle on motor/speed control,got a few different ideas as to what to go with and i went with a Tekin FXR speed control and Team Brood creep type hhk-r/t 35t for low end grunt and decent wheel speed,should be good with the frontside jones tranny im plannin to bolt it to.

can you take some vid of the eclipse crawlin?
Old 06-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. crawl View Post
that is a good question,im sure other eclipse owners might wanna know the same.

ive been in the same pickle on motor/speed control,got a few different ideas as to what to go with and i went with a Tekin FXR speed control and Team Brood creep type hhk-r/t 35t for low end grunt and decent wheel speed,should be good with the frontside jones tranny im plannin to bolt it to.

can you take some vid of the eclipse crawlin?
Im going to contact the guy that sells them for the exact length of the motor, theres about 3/4 of an inch of room between the back of the stock motor and a tube on the chassis. The website says it bolts up just like a normal 540 motor so it will fit on my tranny.
Ill take a vid tomarow of my little course i made but no rocks untill next weekend when im going to drive up to gainesville.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #8
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChevy17 View Post
Oh and I want to put a colbalt puller in it.
If I bought this combo in a 7t would it fit on my tranny and clear the chassis?

http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...2&cat=4&page=1

Thanks
You'll have aa hardtime getting both the puller and brxxl to fit in the tiny eclipse. You could go puller and tekin fxr though.

Oh and rotate the skid/trans 180* and have the spur facing the front. That greatly improves clarance for the motor.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChevy17 View Post
Im going to contact the guy that sells them for the exact length of the motor, theres about 3/4 of an inch of room between the back of the stock motor and a tube on the chassis. The website says it bolts up just like a normal 540 motor so it will fit on my tranny.
Ill take a vid tomarow of my little course i made but no rocks untill next weekend when im going to drive up to gainesville.
They are tight but they can fit. Havent seen one with the tranny mounted in the way you have it though might be tight on the front brace. Both ive seen had them with the spur in front motor in back. For reference the puller is 2.51 inches long compared to the one you run now thats 2.20. So if you have .750 extra room you should be good. The puller wont disappoint on speed and torque. They eat batterys like mad though
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #10

I just ordered the tourqemaster puller combo in the 7t flavor. I cant wait to see what all the hype is about
Old 06-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
They are tight but they can fit. Havent seen one with the tranny mounted in the way you have it though might be tight on the front brace. Both ive seen had them with the spur in front motor in back. For reference the puller is 2.51 inches long compared to the one you run now thats 2.20. So if you have .750 extra room you should be good. The puller wont disappoint on speed and torque. They eat batterys like mad though
Do you just unbolt the skid plate and rotate it 180* to put the spur gear in the front?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Yup.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
You'll have aa hardtime getting both the puller and brxxl to fit in the tiny eclipse. You could go puller and tekin fxr though.

Oh and rotate the skid/trans 180* and have the spur facing the front. That greatly improves clarance for the motor.
The brxl is the same size as the Ae-2 he has in it already. Shouldn't be any problem getting it all in there
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #14

Quote:
Yup.
Good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
The brxl is the same size as the Ae-2 he has in it already. Shouldn't be any problem getting it all in there
Thats what I was thinking, they look like they are in the same housing.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Seems some people have to take it a step further when wedgeing electronics in there rig,if the 180* don't work you can what people call "mirror"the tranny meaning the housing IS reversible,so you can keep the tranny in its current location and just flip the spur to the front and motor to the back.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #16
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Seems some people have to take it a step further when wedgeing electronics in there rig,if the 180* don't work you can what people call "mirror"the tranny meaning the housing IS reversible,so you can keep the tranny in its current location and just flip the spur to the front and motor to the back.
Rotating the whole assembly is better in this case as it will put the motor on the passenger side o combat torque twist.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Was just putting that out there if there happened to be a clearance problem the first rout(rotating the skid 180*).

That's how I combated TT tho,along with correcting the 3link problem.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #18

The only thing I was worried about was the motor clearing the chassis but I'm going to rotate the skid plate and have plenty of room for the new motor. The esc is going to be in the same place as the ae2. Now I just need to find a better spot for my receiver
Old 06-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I just got pretty much the same set up youre talking about with turning the skid 180 in the Eclipse with the links inboard, works pretty well now that I got it dialed in but it took some fussing and cussing to get it right. As far as the reciever..Ive seen them mounted to the underside of the roof panel, my reciever is pretty small so I just stuck it to the side of the esc (wich is mounted like yours) with a dab of shoe goo.
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:41 AM   #20

How long does it usually take for john to ship out orders? He hasn't replied to my post in the questions thread I posted on Sunday.

EDIT: I just got an email, its shipping tomarow.

Last edited by BigChevy17; 06-07-2011 at 07:29 AM.