Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New Sportsman Build,, Soon to full of BWD Goodness -L.P.W.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: O.B.'s Kamikaze Axial Hybrid 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlucks View Post
I'd love to see what you have come up with for the little fella's rig. You should post up build thread for it either here or at home.
Yep done
My sons ax10 'test mule'

Tho i do need time to update it by the looks of it...
Hulksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Default Kamikaze Axial Hybrid 2012 to become BWD L.P. Wedge

As this rig is working well for me i have a slight dilema but suffice to say i will change this over as time allows, in conjunction with Don at BWD i have the oppurtunity to try one of his brand new Sportsman builds. From recent communications and conversations with Don and expressing an interest in one of his new builds to grab when they became available, i now have in my hands and may be one of the first locally(Oz) to grab one :dance: , though Camo in WA may have one being a Team driver. My care package arived today and i have now have a nice new BWD designed chassis im looking to get out in the Sporty field. Time will tell if i get time to swap over my gear from my current rig before the next comp and get any testing done..

Last edited by Oz Bruiser; 02-27-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Oz Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New Sportsman Build,, Soon to full of BWD Goodness -L.P.W.

Is it done yet?.........Looking forward to seeing your build. Keep an eye or two peeled for some new Sportsman builds I have in the pipeline. Also I have some cool upgrades going on my Boys build too.
BuckImod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckImod View Post
Is it done yet?.........Looking forward to seeing your build. Keep an eye or two peeled for some new Sportsman builds I have in the pipeline. Also I have some cool upgrades going on my Boys build too.

Hey John at this stage isnt done, but tempation did get the better of me. I was planning on upgrading the XR first but as i didnt have enough time to make a start last night i stated assembelling the chassis and links etc last night when the kids were in bed. I still have to strip out my current rig and swap some key components out.

Im aware you and some of the other Team drivers have these coming to you but with just one or two upgrade options different to my own. As this rig gets setup and tuned i will look into aquiring some of those upgraders via Don also. I also aware there could be other builds coming soon that are also new for the Team drivers and BWD. At this stage im happy to have what i have and to have two quality BWD rigs in 2 seperate classes. i hope i can do BWD Justice as you and others have.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Havent done much on this since building the chassis as i have been working on my XR in my spare time. pics below of the white chassis assembled.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Looks Great Ben! I know with what you did with the SSS-R Cab and the KK Chassis,You'll make this rig look really SWEET! What plans do you have for Axle setup? Are you going to do the XR Conversion? I am going to keep my current Sportsman all together,but I've got a bunch of parts to do a Low Pro build with the XR setup. I'm also thinking about trying the Front Side Jones Tranny setup. Keep up the good work,Looking forward to seeing this up and running!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Hey John thanks for the kind words qnd encouragment. Id like to honestly build the low pro sude by side with my BWd KK build but most of my good bits are in the BWD KK. I do have a spare pair of stock axels abd stock gearbox I could use in either. It will have the XR steering gear on board. I may do the low pro lightweight to start with keeping the basics as light as possible and then upgrading the good bits as required.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Hey guys just a brief update. Due to time constraints of family life and work ive decided to build my BWD Low Pro Wedge seperate to my current rig. Mainly as i currently dont have time to test and tune all my rigs. Also my BWD KK sporty rig is working really well for me. Ultimatly some of the good gear from my current sporty will end up on my new build but while im gathering components for the new low pro i can keep comping my current rig.

Yestetday in the NSW cANZ series i got my first podium finish in 3rd place with my current sporty rig in this build thread. It was a good day in general for me yesterday as i took out the win for the day in Pro also. My pet scale events im getting lazy in.

So as it stands now only the 3rd comp for the season im up there at the pointy end of the field with this combined manurfacture sporty build. To say im happy at the moment with my 2.2 rigs is an uderstatment and a big thank you to Don at BWD and Dan at Hulksta Engineering as both their components feature in both my rigs one way or another. I look forward to the next comp and as components arive ill start a new thread for my BWD Low Pro build.

Ben

Last edited by Oz Bruiser; 03-18-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:55 AM   #29
RCC Addict

As this is my current active Sporty build I'll keep it updated. I don't have results from todays NSW April cANZ round yet but to say wow is an understatement. I made a few careless error's today but overall this rig crawled as good as any of the pointy end of the field today. As I mentioned I made a few careless mistakes but generally everywhere I pointed it, it went. the Boss Claws just hook up so well and the droop suspension combined with my XR10 axels and Hulksta's brass AX/XR tubes are just working

looking forward to comparing it with my new BWD sporty when it gets up and running.
Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Some Pics from todays Comp courtisy of NEC on cANZ

Just found out i came 3rd in Sportsman today, another podium and although no thread in here came 2nd in Class 1 Scale and 1st in Class 2 scale and in my other thread in Pro, 2nd in Pro

Last edited by Oz Bruiser; 04-15-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Nice Job Ben!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Nice Job Ben!

Thanks John. This setup is working well for me considering it's a mix of components.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:32 AM   #32
RCC Addict

Default Re: New Sportsman Build (exhisting)

Have found myself being slack at not keeping my buid updated ment i baught parts i didnt need for this and didnt buy what i wanted
Isnt to bad but for myself im going to try to keep my threads updated so i can referance where i at.

Baught a set of Axial Overdrives for this and i already had a set, i actually need underdrives for this. Now gotta find some....

I also finally baught a decent set of 5kg scales as the ones i had previously were only 2kg which made it hard to measure rigs as they were,
Again for my records thought id update weights in here.

The rig with the battery onboard with no wheels it weighs in at 1.425kg (3.022lb)

The rig with the battery onboard with weighted DNA Assassins and CI foams and BC tyres 2.77kg (6.019lb)

As is i think i can reduce the weight down in the wheels to get some weight off to start with and see how if effects my performance.

To note, this rig has Hulksta Alloy AX/XR tubes so it keeps the weight down on the base build but means more weight is in the wheels, where my new build has more weight in the front axels with Brass AX/XR tubes and Ras Custom's Knuckle weights.

Looking at possibility of shaving a set of Boss claws side biters off and experimenting with this low weighted and see how she performs. Overall as it is im happy with the way it performs as is, but despite a new build im not looking to scrap this one as is working well for me, but Dons BWD AX Wedge Low Pro will take precidance once up and tunned.

Last edited by Oz Bruiser; 05-04-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Today we had the 2012 Australian cANZ Nationals.For the Sportsman class today with this creation of mine I took out the first place title for the Nationals for 2012. I was very happy with this result as my New BWD Low Pro wasn't ready to run due to a part failure in testing for the nationals and this faithful rig showed it can still hold its own with the best locally
Old 06-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Great Job Ben!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Great Job Ben!

Thanks John

Old 06-20-2012, 04:30 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Very nice win. Good job
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
Very nice win. Good job

Thanks Hittman.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Found out today as I was winner of the 2012 cANZ National in Sportsman im eligible for automatic entry into the US Nationals in the 2.2s Class as an international from Australia. But it may be to late that I've found out and I don't have a passport or can get one in time or sure I can raise the coin to go. In saying that im honoured that im eligible to get entry into your US Nationals to represent cANZ and Australia.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:30 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Unfortunately for me although I wasn't sure if I would get to the Nats with this rig I won't now due to my son being quite ill and needing some work done to the house to help his health situation, and as a result of a bathroom leak which us going to require some extensive and expensive bathroom repairs now too.

New Sportsman Build,, Soon to full of BWD Goodness -L.P.W. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
creeper axial scale hybrid? pwrdbyhemi Venom Creeper 0 12-25-2010 02:37 PM
Tamiya Hilux Axial hybrid dun79 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 06-09-2010 12:21 PM
WK Axial Hybrid Brip HPI Wheely King 9 10-22-2008 06:36 AM