Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: changing direction with ax sporty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: changing direction with ax sporty

looking good!
mhflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Nice work on the bodymounts ... Only thing I can think of that could happen, is a litlle twist of the alu pipes after a serious rollover/fall ... and then you would probably only end up with a crooked sitting body ...
Haastnooit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haastnooit View Post
Nice work on the bodymounts ... Only thing I can think of that could happen, is a litlle twist of the alu pipes after a serious rollover/fall ... and then you would probably only end up with a crooked sitting body ...
Thanks an yep! That's exactly what happens.. but doesn't effect anything or get the body to the tires at all.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Custom Fiber is moving forward. I now have CF servo guards available an will be coming out with more items, Lmk what ya want. Thanks

Old 03-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Congrats on the BLUE STAR

I recognize that pic, I still have to install mine on the SA .... Besides planning and collecting parts for my sporty (first excuse), I have to admit I did work on my BJ4 (second excuse). My Savox servo pooped out months ago ... and finally got my new servo in (after very long dispute with as$^%l€ seller) and installed it. So now I have all rigs up and running again and my "lendout rig" has a shiny new (unprotected) hitec 7954SH servo .
Haastnooit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Lol, that's cause it's a pic of urs.. Haha..

After you get that one in the SA, Lmk if ya want one for the bj an Ax.. :thumbup:

I make each one per buyers needs, servo, an horn side.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:23 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Got my rear wheels done an tires mounted..

I also used my time to protect my 7980 with a Custom Fiber servo guard..

Also cut the nose for better room to get to the battery plug in better an the servo side to match..

Old 04-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Time for another change.. Have to get it setup for this weekends comp. Glad I have major help.. Thanks Christian!

Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #29
Fifth dimension

Your still building for Sunday too? Ha! I'm only driving in one class and I may be building on the ride there look forward to meeting you.
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawllife View Post
Your still building for Sunday too? Ha! I'm only driving in one class and I may be building on the ride there look forward to meeting you.
Lol, you know it! Three only rig that's staying how it is, is my XR. That just got done.
Motor just went bad in my mini an not sure I'm liking the loss of torque from my 33t HH to the 22t HH, but I test way harder, for most situations, then the comp courses end up.(from my experience)
Of course the Ax is getting the new chassis. Got the shocks built last night (all the time I had, wifes bday). Chassis tonight, then test the hell out if it!

18 courses, here I come!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #31
Fifth dimension

I believe links from Erik are the only thing I need to yet. Should be here today. My biggest complaint is strapping myself for time. Sunday will be the first time it sees rocks. I started on a xr that is becoming a switch right now. Jslick offered to let me use a xr of his if the berg craps out. I have no idea what to expect course wise and what have ya. Sunday is a first for all this stuff
Old 04-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

You have a better "first time"then me then.. Lol. I started last year at Rausch 1 with a venom creeper setup for sporty in the pro class. Had no idea what was ahead of me! Then at Rausch 3,after a broke rear drive shaft off my dig, on course 2. my wife looks at me an asks, what do you need so this does not happen again, a rig like theirs? I said yep.. She's said get one! I told her it was at the house in the basement.. Lol.. Its a Switch now as well.. You can bring urs, we can look at it? What's it need? (pm me or post on my switch build)

Last edited by winnerone23; 04-10-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #33
E.Y. Designs

I thought you were sponsoring him with Custom Fiber

Looks great! Great job on the CF Christian and looking forward to seeing it together Troy

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Time for another change.. Have to get it setup for this weekends comp. Glad I have major help.. Thanks Christian!

EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #34
Fifth dimension

I'm lucky that the switch doesn't need much. I just slapped it together as a roller to bring it out for show on Sunday. My wife and I have seen your carbon work so I'm more than sure you have something I need ;). Is it standard to bring even rollers n stuff to show the boys what your workin on?? I'm looking forward to seeing your 1.9 and maybe pickin up a servo guard. I can't wait!! That creeper story is nuts. I'm blessed that my wife supports me in this too. I have 3 moa rig builds at once along with 2 1.9 and a ringer sporty. I try to do 2 of each so she can wheel with me. As I mentioned before, I don't know anyone in the hobby until joining the club. I've never even seen another crawler in person than mine! Ha! She is totally cool with all this because I used to party pretty hard and gave it all up. Found RC a few weeks later and I've been clean ever since. If 12 hours of RC building is " staying clean";)
Old 04-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

She is totally cool with all this because I used to party pretty hard and gave it all up. Found RC a few weeks later and I've been clean ever since. If 12 hours of RC building is " staying clean";)[/QUOTE]

We have plenty to talk bout.. :cool:

I'll have some servo guards with me for sure.., :thumbup: I'm also hoping my motor guard material shows up before then as well. If not, Rausch is only a few weeks away
Old 04-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #36
Fifth dimension

Sounds good bro! I'm in for a set gaurds as well then. I really look forward to this bro, what do I owe ya for a servo gaurd and motor guards? Both black ...I think...the red looked sick too!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Ok, out with the old an in with the new..

Skid plate by Hittman..

Dremeled off the top row of holes.. Till I get new links by CW crawlers..

Rear shocks externally, mrc silver with losi micro springs internally.. No pic but front shocks are mini-t silver with 9mm internally limited. All scx shocks.

Had to change my steering setup due to shocks now. Moved the tie rod out front. Don't like it so much but worked really well today during test runs..

Kinda acts as a stinger an bumped me over some rocks, which doesn't change much. Once ur stuck on that, I would of been stuck on my front axle anyways.. (its my story I'm sticking to it)

All setup, now just to mount the body an crawl crawl crawl

Old 04-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Damn that is a sexy chassis.. And that skid.. Damn that is some sick work. Lucky!
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
Damn that is a sexy chassis.. And that skid.. Damn that is some sick work. Lucky!
100% agreed.. Works just as good as it looks too!
Old 04-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

So yesterday on her madan voyage, I noticed she pushed a little bit.. With ud an od gears, how? (this setup is with no knuckle weight)
Well I went an looked at Christians build thread an noticed the only thing diff was his rear uppers where under his link plate. So I moved mine up at the chassis.

Took it out today an the push seemed to be gone.. So let it ride or mount the links under the link plate an move them back down at the chassis...?

I could only find one of my Gunnar mounts so I mounted the front of the body. It's riding nice an snug. If it doesn't have to be mounted at two places, I think it's good, for now..

Got my rtr on it as it sits, with no kw..

Sitting right at 4lbs.. With beef wheels, all RR tranny gears an mip drive shafts.. I didn't think it was so bad.. I just noticed it doesn't have a battery.. Add 43-50 grams(depending on which battery I run)

I feel it's steering smoother as well. The tie rod just touches the axle housing at full lock.. It keeps the wheels from pushing past and binding up..

I think there is still plenty of steering left..
I'll get pics on the rocks tomm an Sunday. Hoping to get video running the courses as well..

changing direction with ax sporty - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
changing TQ duke4you Newbie General 2 11-05-2008 06:30 AM
Need some direction... hibbs Newbie General 8 02-25-2008 10:38 PM
changing over jakea General Crawlers 4 07-11-2007 01:48 PM
am i going in the right direction? madhaw Newbie General 8 06-09-2007 12:15 PM
changing your name Crawler downunder Comments, Suggestions, and Help 3 06-23-2006 07:52 AM