RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   5.10 The old school shafty (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/447480-5-10-old-school-shafty.html)

chris.martell 08-16-2013 07:44 PM

Had a blast running the 1.9s today! Thanks to crackhead for lending me you bad a$$ mini to run since I couldn't get mine ready in 4 or 5 hrs after acquiring it.:thumbup: Can't wait to run my sporty in the pro class.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Crawllife 08-16-2013 08:15 PM

Re: 5.10 The old school shafty

Way to go Chris!!

banners 08-16-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.martell (Post 4442756)
Had a blast running the 1.9s today! Thanks to crackhead for lending me you bad a$$ mini to run since I couldn't get mine ready in 4 or 5 hrs after acquiring it.:thumbup: Can't wait to run my sporty in the pro class.

Excuses :flipoff:

chris.martell 08-16-2013 08:42 PM

Dont give me such a hard time I picked the rig up at 12pm today and it was barely a roller and all it needs is drive shafts and some tuning

MRCrackhead 08-16-2013 10:49 PM

No problem Chris, thanks for breaking it.....

chris.martell 08-17-2013 06:33 PM

Well the 5:10 let me down today broke the cvd pin on the first course of the pro class but I was impressed with how it was doing until that point. Not that I was doing spectacular or anything but I made further than I expected to before pointing out. All and all it was great day and I enjoyed meeting some cool people and gaining some great knowledge.

MRCrackhead 08-17-2013 07:42 PM

I think we need to invest in a timer before we go out to the park.
I never really ran out of time today, but being in a hurry caused a few stupid mistakes on my part.
Those mistakes, ironically, are the reason I never ran out of time today........so maybe I don't need a timer.......................

winnerone23 08-17-2013 08:01 PM

You guys did great.. Keep up the excitement!

It was good to get to meet you both an can't wait to see what's coming down the pipe now that you guys got to see what a comps like an what other rigs are built like an how they perform with some setup.

Also, search the app store an download the score keeping app.. it has the full layout of score keeping an a timer on it.

chris.martell 08-20-2013 04:08 PM

After getting my forst comp experience under my belt I now know what direction the 5:10 will be going and since my test chassis broke it will be gutted and ill be fabbing up another more finalized version. On top of my list is going to be the xr mod in some form or fashion. Another key element of the new chassis will have radius link and shock mounts so changing the setup wont change the wheel base and possibly ill be narrowing the chassis a touch more to gain clearance on the motor. So stay tuned it will be a slow go at first till I get my newest project some what finalized or in a good enough state but then ill be hitting it hard.

MRCrackhead 08-20-2013 04:38 PM

My AX10 is going under the knife now that the pressure of the comp is off. Some things I did cuz time was short.
I'm now going to rework it to get a bit closer to what I originally planned.......
It may be out of commission for a week or two.

SO......... the mini is running strong and I need a competitor!!!!!

GET THAT MINI BUILT!!!!!

chris.martell 08-20-2013 05:25 PM

My sporty will definitely be down for about 4 weeks. So definitely have to get the mini running and thanks for all the help and the parts!

chris.martell 09-02-2013 06:28 PM

About to gear up for the next comp! Alot to do and so little time to do it. The 5:10 is a mess and now I have a mini to prepare also. I for see a ton of sleepless nights ahead of myself.