Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: daughters first crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default daughters first crawler

Been planning on getting both my daughters (12 and 6) their first crawlers. I was going to get them a pair of Dingos but they both informed me they wanted crawlers like my Ax10 scorpion that I have been beating on and modifying for the last 2 years. So I think ok I will just get them a pair of Deadbolts.
Well that changed for my youngest. We happen to stroll into the LHS and sitting on the consignment shelf is a barely used , already built Scorpion kit truck with all the green metal bits shining pretty under a monster jam Grave digger body. My 6 year old sees it and proclaims loudly thats the truck I want.
I inspect the rig closesly and the card with the description. Its 4ws with rooster crawler, novak 55t, aluminum body shocks, 2 hightorq servos, 4ch radio, custom batteries, and original body but I didnt look at any of the extras that where in the box in the back.
I told her if the truck is still there I will buy it for her when tax returns come in and I start mentally modifying the truck. But more on that in a minute.
fast forawrd to today. Went to the same LHS and the ax10 was still on the shelf and I had the money for it. So we pulled it down and they got the box out. We started going through it. The custom batteries where 2 sets axle mounted 1300mah 7 cell nimh saddle pack. The 4ch radio was a fm futaba aircraft radio. Those where getting pulled ASAP. But the stock body? An unpainted uncut B-17 Betty! I probably paid too much for the rig but it was almost new my daughter wanted it and I wanted the Betty.
So now the 4ws is pulled off with stock lockouts in place. The 4ch fm swapped for a 2.4g pistol grip (figured 4ws and huge complex tx where a bit much for her) and waiting for 2s lipos to show up. As for the Betty. Its going on the honcho rtr that I decided I am going to buy when I mesured it against my father in laws brand new honcho today! Now to unload 2 saddle packs and the tx/rx.
Pics comming as soon as I get a working camera.

Last edited by slim_chance; 02-14-2014 at 08:37 PM.
slim_chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

daughters first crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My daughters dingo Tcp57fd Axial SCX-10 5 03-11-2013 07:44 PM
My daughters new Bronco. seabeejeep Tamiya XC/CC01 21 04-23-2011 09:57 AM
Cherokee for my daughters KvilleKrawler Axial SCX-10 6 02-17-2011 02:18 AM
Daughters Birthday Present, but not a crawler onetonne Paint and Body 1 07-28-2009 02:58 PM
My daughters crawler ynmech Paint and Body 14 03-30-2009 10:43 PM