Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New to Me AX-10 Scorpion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #1

Default New to Me AX-10 Scorpion

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and get some educated opinions on a few things. I recently bought a used AX10, not knowing anything other than Axial is a good brand.

So far I've broken lower links, a driveshaft, stripped a Spur gear, and had trouble with my front yoke coming off the transfer case every few minutes. Did I mention I've had it only 2 weeks? Lol

After doing some crawling with guys that all have Wraith's.... I decided that I really need more wheelbase among other things.

- What are some of your wheelbase figures? I'm at 11.5" right now.
- How far do I go with it? What all do I need besides longer links?

Drivetrain looks stock -- except I changed the 14T pinion to a 17T for speed with a 27T brushed motor. Thinking of going 35T or 45T (I think 55 might be slow for my trail running).

Here are a couple pics, please tell me what you think of the above. I'll have more questions but start out easy

Bozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2014, 10:00 PM   #2

Default Re: New to Me AX-10 Scorpion

Wow.. Lots of views and no replies.

Sent from my Obama Phone...
Old 09-05-2014, 11:34 PM   #3
RCC Addict

No replies...well, I'm sure others have read your post and said "where does one start?"

Do you plan on some serious comping with this AX10? If not, you don't need to get too carried away with fancy upgrades. Metal steering and tranny gears. Beef up the driveshafts and try and keep everything low in the chassis.

If you plan on getting serious, then your best bet is to read some of the build threads in this section and make up your own mind on where you want to take this. There's a hundred different ways to build and setup your truck and the only limitation is how much money you want to spend.

Oh, and 12.5" wheelbase is comp length
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply.... I don't think competitions are in the cards for me anytime soon... However, that could change.

I'll strive for 12.5" wheel base, get better driveshafts and try to get my battery down low as it sits perched on the tray as designed now.

Thanks again.

Sent from my Obama Phone...
Old 09-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #5

It would be a lot easier to answer one specific question at a time... Like Solitaire said, you could take this thing many different directions.
Rocknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #6

I would change your tires first. Those tires are not good in my book. That was my first move back when I had my Scorpion. Then bent links and upgraded steering links. I did a couple comps with that set up and didnt do to bad. It was also my first crawler. Wish I would have keep it for my son to play with..
get r done is offline   Reply With Quote

New to Me AX-10 Scorpion - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scorpion help,, Deron Axial AX-10 Scorpion 0 05-28-2011 03:56 PM
my new scorpion tomancik Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 11-05-2008 12:05 AM
ax-10 scorpion vs. ax-10 scorpion RTR? Jpond Newbie General 12 04-22-2008 07:19 PM
Down Under Scorpion s_weichbrodt Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 11-29-2007 04:22 AM
Need a Scorpion mikhail General Crawlers 2 10-23-2005 04:56 PM