Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Caster & Toe settings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2016, 06:59 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Caster & Toe settings

Hey up, for the front axle just wondering;

1. What amount of caster are folk running? Degrees or spline count from vertical.
2. What toe are folk running? I normally run some toe out on my 1:1 trucks and track car...

I used to run some toe in on the rear axle on my ax10 scorpion but now gone to lockouts so parallel.. Thinking about it now it may have given me a bit too much bite in some circumstances also...

Thanks
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2016, 07:24 AM   #2
Custom Carbon Fiber

Default Re: Caster & Toe settings

I don't measure my toe like I do on the fast cars but yes I run toe out on the crawlers.

Caster - I run extra on my XR knuckles. If you rolled the knuckles back one extra rib that is what I do. You either have to grind the Chub for this or drill new holes for the screws.

Pros and Cons though to extra caster ..... I like lot of caster because of the courses we have around here. Smooth stuff though it tends to change my driving when trying to use dig on off cambers and descents.

You wont feel/benefit rear toe on a crawler though so your not losing anything with lock outs.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:40 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Rob, does seem funny talking geo on rc crawlers but I do like suspension!..

So I'm running vp knuckles on axial placky lockouts on XR width beef tubes on my ax axles... Try saying that in a hurry!.. So I don't know what 1 more spline back from stock xr would be I'm afraid :-(..

Added to which I just thought there are many orientations of pinion angle so I guess spline count other than from vertical will probably be pointless! Hmpf....

Any one have any ideas from vertical?

As to terrain, here in the uk there's a lot less smooth! All pretty much jagged, pointy or rutted... Round here anyway...

Thanks
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:46 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I run VP wraith knuckles and c hubs rocked all the way back as far as the a lot will let me go. It isn't a drastic amount but it's enough to help just a bit with steering effectiness and "hooking a tire" on a steep technical section.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote

Caster & Toe settings - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front Toe Settings spunkysandoval Axial XR10 1 10-19-2011 05:33 AM
Question about front & rear caster on a custom rock-crawler with 4-wheel steering... Chadworkz General Crawlers 6 11-22-2008 11:44 PM