Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New (old) rig - AX10 I think

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2022, 01:49 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New (old) rig - AX10 I think

I ordered up some 100mm Desert Lizards for the front and a set if 110mm Desert Lizards for the rear. Once they arrive next week, I will get them installed and see how she does. Then figure out the body situation and see how she performs.

I think I also need to look into a different servo horn, or mod the existing one to move it a little farther away from the draglink. Or, rotating the C-Hubs one more notch and see what that does.
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2022, 02:53 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

you realy need to move the battery ether to the upper links or on to the axle it will be so much more stable that way and it puts the weight of the battery on the front axle or atlest some of it
i use a peice of thin plastic and zip tied that to my upper links and mount my battery to that and to save weight im using 18650 batterys so i get 5200mah battery pack that ways about asmuch as a 1500 mah lipo
the 18650 pack is only good for 40 amps but thats more than my 45t novac rockstar draws so its ok
i have litteraly crawled rocks that were over verticle maybe 93°angle although that might be more the tires than the set up lol

Last edited by ferp420; 01-11-2022 at 02:57 PM.
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:07 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
You really need to move the battery ether to the upper links or on to the axle it will be so much more stable that way and it puts the weight of the battery on the front axle or at least some of it
I use a piece of thin plastic and zip tied that to my upper links and mount my battery to that and to save weight I'm using 18650 battery's so I get 5200mah battery pack that ways about as much as a 1500 mah lipo
the 18650 pack is only good for 40 amps but that's more than my 45t novac rockstar draws so its ok
I have literally crawled rocks that were over vertical maybe 93°angle although that might be more the tires than the set up lol
I am definitely not a fan of the battery mounting position. Currently, these are the only battery packs I have and they will not ship Lipo's to AK. I will have to see what the local hobby shop has, but they are always extremely expensive on the battery packs. I may have to try my hand at assembling my own pack for this rig.
Old 01-11-2022, 03:14 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK KRAWLER View Post
I am definitely not a fan of the battery mounting position. Currently, these are the only battery packs I have and they will not ship Lipo's to AK. I will have to see what the local hobby shop has, but they are always extremely expensive on the battery packs. I may have to try my hand at assembling my own pack for this rig.
i wounder if li-ions are any differnt
Old 01-11-2022, 03:17 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

check this guy out his batterys are dirt cheap but shipping again but he might ship to ak

https://jag35.com/collections/reclaimed
Old 01-11-2022, 03:23 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
check this guy out his batterys are dirt cheap but shipping again but he might ship to ak

https://jag35.com/collections/reclaimed
He won't ship to AK either.

I'll take a look around town and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the info ferp
Old 02-15-2022, 09:47 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

What car is that ram body on? Looks like a capable crawler! I’m thinking of building a new crawler so that’s why it piqued my interest.
Krawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:06 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

It’s an AX10. I bought it with wide 2.2 tires and the Jeep body. I.changed a few things and put on some tall skinny tires.

It should be a fun little crawler.

New (old) rig - AX10 I think - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can a ax10 be used as a trail rig. Paul1234 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 09-01-2013 06:08 PM