Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Axial AX-10 Dig system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Axial AX-10 Dig system

Hey guys,

I've not seen it listed here, course I have not been thru all the threads. Here is the question. Since Dig set-ups are so popular right now does anyone think that Axial will come out with a production version dig hop-up for the AX-10?

Would be a nice hop-up for the AX-10.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I hope they do I'll pay for one. If not need to buy more drive shafts to make one
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #3
20K Club

It is definitely not an easy thing to produce. I will not expect one anytime soon. I am very interested to see what the masses say about the RC4WD unit, I hope it works well.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:15 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
It is definitely not an easy thing to produce. I will not expect one anytime soon. I am very interested to see what the masses say about the RC4WD unit, I hope it works well.
Seems like that since RC4WD can make one, than Axial should be able to make one! Wouldn't be that big of an item if the design worked!

Most people would pay 40-50 dollars to have it as a hop-up.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:28 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Even if it was just a driveshaft disconnect setup (instead of an internal gearbox setup), it would be an incredible upgrade.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 AM   #6
20K Club

Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have. I just wouldn't plan on seeing one anytime soon. The fact is that adding it to a trans like the AX-10 would be rather funky.

A company like Axial is not going to release somthing that isn't 100% top-notch. Big manufactures need things to be perfect so that their reputation stays strong. RC4WD is a much more "personal" type company. They work with a lot of us to develop their products.

I would just highly doubt that you see one for quite a little while, if ever from Axial.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #7

RC Driver did a home-built dig system on a tlt. i would think it wouldn't be that hard to just fallow what they did as the telescoping driveshafts have the same basic design as a stampede.
MasDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:52 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have. I just wouldn't plan on seeing one anytime soon. The fact is that adding it to a trans like the AX-10 would be rather funky.

A company like Axial is not going to release somthing that isn't 100% top-notch. Big manufactures need things to be perfect so that their reputation stays strong. RC4WD is a much more "personal" type company. They work with a lot of us to develop their products.

I would just highly doubt that you see one for quite a little while, if ever from Axial.
I agree....but the thought is there!!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:31 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

The hardest part about mass producing a dig is already done, all they gotta do is do it. The link length and drive shafts are the same on all the axials so it wouldnt be hard to do a drive shaft dig setup.

The problem with making a dig for this and a dig for that is that it must all be custom. There is no set baseline for dimensions. The introductin of this KIT changes all that.

For $5 in plastic and linkage they could do it and charge $40-50.
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:45 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SACCO View Post
The hardest part about mass producing a dig is already done, all they gotta do is do it. The link length and drive shafts are the same on all the axials so it wouldnt be hard to do a drive shaft dig setup.

The problem with making a dig for this and a dig for that is that it must all be custom. There is no set baseline for dimensions. The introductin of this KIT changes all that.

For $5 in plastic and linkage they could do it and charge $40-50.
That's my thought's exactly! You just put it into words that made perfect sense!:-P
Old 08-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

the rc4wd r2 w/ disconnect setup looks good. does anyone have that? how good does it work? its alot less bulky than the homebrews i have seen.
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:57 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I'm not sure on it, I'm actually looking at the R2 2speed w/dig for my AX10, and since I'm going to have to buy another radio to control that, I'm gonna throw in rear steering while I'm at it, and get some extra mobility there as well. if I get it ordered soon, I'll report back with pics and all, since the guy that's talking on their forum is a bit stingy on info about getting it to fit.....so far my answers are "yes, yes it'll be some work, and 4 channel radio" and "the plate would work but it will raise drive angles so you'll have to work on that". with that kind of pre-sales support, I'm almost inclined not to spend any money with them.....especially since that's one of the moderators on there giving short snippit answers....
dhyde79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:26 AM   #13
TEAM MODERATOR

Right now,the 2 best options for a dig unit that fits an AX-10 are the DNA dig and Eritex dig. Check the vendors section for more info. Both companies have great support.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Racer4Life started This Thread almost 2 years ago + Axial Still hasn't touched the Dig as an option for AX-10?
I know there's plenty of choices- I own a R2d and 3 days ago I got a DNA. . . The (his) point was Why not? a factory option is always going to gain popularity faster- right? With the recent release(s) of the SCX-10 and now AX-10RTC, + the new shocks, O.D./U.D. gears for the Scorpion- What's next? Tires, Bodies, Dig. . or do they have something Bigger cooking up?
APESHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by APESHAT View Post
Racer4Life started This Thread almost 2 years ago + Axial Still hasn't touched the Dig as an option for AX-10?
I know there's plenty of choices- I own a R2d and 3 days ago I got a DNA. . . The (his) point was Why not? a factory option is always going to gain popularity faster- right? With the recent release(s) of the SCX-10 and now AX-10RTC, + the new shocks, O.D./U.D. gears for the Scorpion- What's next? Tires, Bodies, Dig. . or do they have something Bigger cooking up?
I'm going with something bigger....

Thanks,
Axial
Matt.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axial View Post

Thanks,
Axial
When will we get teasers?
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Thanks,
Axial

Hmmmm- Interesting indeed ;)
APESHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Thanks,
Axial

OH SNAP!!! you just got sarcasi-served!!!!

whadda you guys got huh?

i mean the shocks are great, but @ 2X the cost ill stick with losi.

id be real intrigued for something NEW, not just revamped.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Thanks,
Axial
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
When will we get teasers?

Hmmm... an Axial based shafty super? Now theres an idea... But wait, nvm, we all know shafties will never dominate. LMAO
PEDEcrawlerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:48 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

So, are we talking about a 2 or 3 speed dual dig trans from axial?
Or are we talking wormies or moas?
Maybe a crawler where we can control all 4 wheels seperately?
A real 1.9 to compete in the mini classes?
Maybe 1/24th scale axles to go under model bodies?
I don't think the super would be as popular as a 1.9, but I could be wrong.

Or something completely different?

I think Axial easily has the ability to make a dig trans. Shoot I have an idea on what I would do if I were them, and it wouldn't really be that difficult to do. Maybe they can hire me, and I can help them develop what we need.

Axial - you can't say "something bigger" without giving us a glimpse of what it might be.

Last edited by monkeyracer; 06-23-2009 at 12:52 PM.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote