Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: who makes aluminum shocks for ax10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2007, 09:05 AM   #21

Quote:
you will not problem dropping the shocks but you may need to move upper link to adjust
I was looking your gallery but i didn't notice what kind of adjustments did you do to the upper link to adjust and compensate the height loose

what about if i use the ax10 shaft wll extend teh lenght of the shock?
gecko4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2007, 09:19 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko4x4 View Post
I was looking your gallery but i didn't notice what kind of adjustments did you do to the upper link to adjust and compensate the height loose

what about if i use the ax10 shaft wll extend teh lenght of the shock?
Height loss will be by using short shocks. if you want to retain same height you will need to some mods on frame to have same distance for the shocks which thre is @25mm diffreneces . upper link will not control the height by itself. it does change the geometry of how the axle are setup. I also did lowe link bent mods but I kept the same virtual length so Wheel base distance didn't change at all. you can pull the lower link to different hole which changes your wheel base length but that will not make any great height difference either..

when I install mine I didn't see too much of difference. I did try middle hole and see. overall center gravity went down so that was big thing.

I end up doing more mod and my upper link is at body post location and created new upper links.
jmizoguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:20 AM   #23

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizoguchi View Post
I had choice to Integy with peggy back shocks but I went to Traxxas Big Bore at local shop for 75bucks... for eight of them..
Hehe, that's what I did too. Found a guy who wanted the same shocks and bought the 8 pack of Big Bores, saving 20 bucks.
moonweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #24

so the big bores do work but need to be modded? also dose anyone elses shocks leak out of the shock cap? mine do and the caps are tight but could i have just over filled them?
justintime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by justintime View Post
so the big bores do work but need to be modded? also dose anyone elses shocks leak out of the shock cap? mine do and the caps are tight but could i have just over filled them?
My axial shocks leaked from the tops and bottoms and I never could get them to hold oil.

Yes, the upper caps of the Big Bores have a fixed hoop on them that won't allow you to use a ball like the stock shocks, and therefore would not allow you to get the shock angles you need. Use a dremel to grind down the stock hoop on the top cap, but don't take it down flush to the cap. -Leave about 1mm of the hoop material above the top of the cap because the caps are very thin in this area. Remove the rubber diaphram and drill the cap from the underside with a 3/32 bit since they already have a center point partially drilled there. Buy some traxxas ball ends like the style that are on the bottom of the shock, then run a small screw up through the bottom of the cap into the ball end. The longer the screw you use, the more adjustable the length of your shock will be. I screwed it all the way down to the cap on mine. The shorter shock length gave me the drive line pitch I wanted.
moonweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:16 PM   #26
I joined the Band!

here they are. We just got them in this morning.

http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...roducts_id=684
KING BLING is offline   Reply With Quote